Post by artelier » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi,

I just bought a theme for Open Cart, to use on my site. But, I didn't pay attention it was for Open Cart 2.0 and not for Open Cart 2.3 that I have installed on my computer. ??? When I try to install it, of course, there is a message that say my theme don't work. Is there any chance I can use it? I subscribed to a ticket on the site where I bought the theme , but still there is no answer and I don't think there will be any, because actually they are just selling templates.
I need help. I am also new with Open Cart and I need to be online with my shop asap. :laugh:

Thank you! :(

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:05 pm

It's an easy mistake to make, sorry to hear about this.

I expect that the theme seller will update the theme for 2.3 but it will probably take them some time.

Out of interest, what theme was it?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by artelier » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:15 am

Yes, I have received a message from the seller....it cost me $350 to upgrade it!!! Whaat?!? The theme was $89 .... is this a real price or they are just tring to make money from my mistake ? :(

I tried to find a programmer to help me, but it seems they are not interested in helping me, they want sites made from 0 point :(

It's a wedding shop theme. I am actually painting wedding glasses and other stuff for these kind of events and now I need an online shop for my works . But the mistake I've made .... ahhh :'(

Post by artcore » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:19 pm

You could stick to the version compatible with your theme. You say 'on my computer', so at this stage you not married ;D to a specific version.

Logically, they will upgrade their own theme to be compatible with newer oc versions at some point. If not, it's fine to be on an older version for many years to come. By then you will have a list of decent, trustworthy theme makers too :D

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm

artelier wrote:Yes, I have received a message from the seller....it cost me $350 to upgrade it!!! Whaat?!? The theme was $89 .... is this a real price or they are just tring to make money from my mistake ? :(
Unfortunately this is probably a realistic estimate of the time involved - say they charge $20 per hour, it could easily take 20 hours to do something like this, so they are probably not trying to overcharge you, but, I expect they will upgrade the theme eventually if they want to continue selling it.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom