Post by crawford » Fri May 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm fighting with OC and I learned a lot - but it's a lot of new stuff for a non-programmer. So I hope you guys can help me once more (and yes, I searched and found a lot of posts, but without a solution):

It's easy to hide the "add to cart" part in product.tpl in general. It would be easy to put this in an if-statement - if i would know how and where to ask for the category_id for a given product_id. It must be something like

$this->db->query("SELECT category_id FROM" . DB_PREFIX . ..........

in model/catalog/product.php, right? How to create the right select statement and define a variable with the answer, so that I can use it as a condition in products.tpl

Thank you for hints,

Michael

Post by fido-x » Fri May 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Create a new function for the purpose.

Add the following function to "catalog/model/catalog/product.php":-

Code: Select all

public function getProductCategory($product_id) {
   $query = $this->db->query("SELECT DISTINCT category_id FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_to_category WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
   return $query->row['category_id'];
}
Then, in "catalog/controller/product.php", somewhere around line 165, insert the following:-

$this->data['product_category'] = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductCategory($this->request->get['product_id']);
Then you can use a conditional in "catalog/view/theme/YOUR_TEMPLATE/product/product.tpl" (lines 93 to 97), eg.:

<?php if ($product_category != '999') { ?>
<div class="content"><?php echo $text_qty; ?>
  <input type="text" name="quantity" size="3" value="1" />
  <a onclick="$('#product').submit();" id="add_to_cart" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_add_to_cart; ?></span></a></div>
  <div><input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="<?php echo $product_id; ?>" />
  <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="<?php echo str_replace('&', '&', $redirect); ?>" /></div>
<?php } ?>

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by crawford » Fri May 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi fido-x,

I asked for hints and you served the complete code, wow...

Thank you very much!

With your solution I also understand the MCV-model much better.

Thank you again for now,

Michael

Post by GL@collectiveus.com » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi, I'm trying to do the exact same thing, but in Open cart 3.0.2.0, I've tried following these instructions but I've a feeling I'm missing something due to the changes in OC 3x

Any chance someone could provide the same code as above but for version 3.0.2.0

Cheers

Post by kestas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:16 pm

if you need hide "add to cart" button in product page in OC3.0.2 you can try this...
In catalog/controller/product/product.php finde:

$this->load->model('catalog/product');   
(line approx. 157) after add:

$data['product_category']  =  $this->model_catalog_product->getProductCategory($product_id);
in In catalog/model/product/product.php add new function:

public function getProductCategory($product_id) {
   $query  =  $this->db->query("SELECT DISTINCT category_id FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_to_category WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
   return $query->row['category_id'];
}
in catalog/view/theme/YOUR-THEME/template/product/product.twig find:

<button type="button" id="button-cart" data-loading-text="{{ text_loading }}" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg btn-block">{{ button_cart }}</button>
replace with:

{%  if (product_category  != ' 999' )  %} 
		  <button type="button" id="button-cart" data-loading-text="{{ text_loading }}" class="btn btn-primary btn-lg btn-block">{{ button_cart }}</button>
{% endif %}
this should hide add to cart button for products in category_id=999
My suggestion to make this using OCMOD
Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here