Post by billkou » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello! :)

I am using Opencart 1.5.6 with Digital Atelier's Journal theme. ( demo http://journal.digital-atelier.com/1/ )

As almost every Opencart theme I've seen, it uses tabs to display the product description, technical specifications, reviews etc etc

I would like to remove all tabs and have the content be displayed on separate divs ( I don't know if that's the 100% correct term )

So, under the product's image, I would like to have the description div with the technical details inside the description div ( I think that could be done with an echo command somewhere inside the div ), under the description I want the review option, and then everything else that could be added to be positioned after those two on the bottom.

I have no experience whatsoever regarding such changes, even though I cope well with css and some other stuff ( trial & error is indeed useful sometimes! ). Could anyone give me a direction on where to start or what do I need to do more or less? I've seen numerous threads in which the user wanted to move the whole tab function somewhere else but not exactly what I am asking.

The theme's staff doesn't provide support for customizations that's why I'm asking here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bill K.

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 pm

To remove the tabs, look into product.tpl of your theme. You should find that in catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/product.tpl. Do a search for

Code: Select all

.tabs();
and remove that line. It should remove all the tabs. You will then need to further customise the template to place them nicely.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by billkou » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 am

MarketInSG wrote:To remove the tabs, look into product.tpl of your theme. You should find that in catalog/view/theme/*/template/product/product.tpl. Do a search for

Code: Select all

.tabs();
and remove that line. It should remove all the tabs. You will then need to further customise the template to place them nicely.
Hello.

Thanks a lot, that did the trick!

I will try to style it now. I'll get back if something goes wrong :)

Thanks for your time :)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by anoo.online » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Dear Sir, I install same Journal 2 theme, I want to remove all tabs in "Add New Product". I can't find .tabs(); in my all folders.

Can you help me in this

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Do get in touch with journal theme's support, they will guide you through it.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore