Post by MrMac78 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi,
hope someone can help me with a zen cart migration to OC.

using Export/Import Tool (V3.19) on OC 2.3.0.2 I am attempting to import a customer list from Zencart.
Everything works fine with no error, however I am thrown by the SALT column.
When an imported customer attempts to login to the OC site, the error "Warning: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password."
is returned. the only work around is to force a 'forgotten password' change.

I believe this has something to do with SALT, does anyone know if
a) I am correct
b) how to get around this issue (without disabling SALT in the core files/compromising security)

Thanks, Mac

Post by daveyoi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Hey Mac,

It's not just the salt - I don't know ZenCart that well but I would imagine its password hashing algorithm is completely different to OpenCarts.

You could implement the zencart password algorithm into opencart (which we did with a magento migration) but to be honest depending on how many customers it is - sending a blanket email advising of the new site and the need for a new password can actually be good marketing ;)

The password algorithm is here
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... er.php#L51

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by MrMac78 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 pm

less than 300 customers so nothing major. You're right, its a great way to contact the customer and market to them. Thanks. Mac

daveyoi wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 pm
Hey Mac,

It's not just the salt - I don't know ZenCart that well but I would imagine its password hashing algorithm is completely different to OpenCarts.

You could implement the zencart password algorithm into opencart (which we did with a magento migration) but to be honest depending on how many customers it is - sending a blanket email advising of the new site and the need for a new password can actually be good marketing ;)

The password algorithm is here
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... er.php#L51