Post by freeflightgear » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:46 am

Is there a way to add an additional fee to my wholesale customers for dropship orders? Not sure if there is a native way or if I need an extension. Any input is appreciated.

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 pm

You'd need an extension for this.

Is the dropship fee always applied to wholesale customers? Simple Payment Fee can do general fees for customer groups (as well as simple fees based on payment method). You can set up a flat charge or percentage charge for your wholesale group, and it will be applied to anyone in that customer group.

If the dropship fee is shipping-dependent, then you could get Shipping-Based Fee/Discount. That can add a fee based on the shipping method chosen, as well as various other criteria.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by freeflightgear » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:09 am

Thanks for this! It would only apply to wholesalers with the criteria being that the shipping address is different than the billing address. After a very quick look, it looks like the second option is the right choice. Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Shipping-Based Fee/Discount doesn't have an exact rule to compare the shipping vs billing address, but I might be able to give you an edit for that. If you do get the extension, contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact and I'll see what I can do.

Administrator

Post by freeflightgear » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:20 am

I appreciate the response! I've been feeling very stymied trying to do this looking at the demo. I'll definitely pick it up if that is a guarantee... I don't have any other reason to pick it up though. Sorry to be a pain, but "I'll see what I can do" isn't as encouraging as I'd like. I feel like I can't be the only one out there that does wholesale that would use this function. Thanks again for the response!

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes, I can get it working for you if you purchase it. In general I try not to make guarantees, because it's hard to predict how extensions will work when someone has a modified OpenCart installation --- however, as long as you don't have any modifications that affect how addresses are processed, then I can add some code for you to check shipping address vs billing address in my extension. Feel free to contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact once you've purchased if you want that code snippet.

However, if that's literally the ONLY requirement you need for your fee, my extension is probably overkill. You can likely hire someone to create a custom mod for you that does exactly what you need at a cheaper price. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Administrator