Post by rammountuk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi

I was hoping to get some advice regarding an issue we have been having (I am not the web dev, but am helping him with design decisions).

He has said that due to the way the open cart system is designed there are many things that cannot be changed, one of which being the 'continue' button from the checkout process (see image)

https://imgur.com/a/LShr3Es

Which is also "stuck" and "unable to be removed" from the industry page (see image)

https://imgur.com/a/im7fHeZ

Could someone advise about any part of the standard open cart template (we have 0 added modules I think) that would cause this additional continue button that just links back to the homepage and why it may not be able to be removed?

We ideally do not want it there, but our web dev is saying he cannot remove it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Jon

Post by Johnathan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 pm

There's no admin panel setting to remove that button, but it certainly can be done. If your developer can't do it, they either (1) don't want to, or (2) aren't good enough to figure out how to.

To remove it, you'd need to edit the template file controlling that page, and delete the button code . If this is a manufacturer page, then the template file would be this one:

/catalog/view/theme/YOURTHEME/template/product/manufacturer_info.tpl (or .twig)

If it's not the manufacturer page, you'll need to find the right template file for it. You'd then open that up in a text editor, look for the HTML that includes "button_continue", and remove the block of code for it.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:33 pm

If you don't want to edit your theme you could just add CSS to hide it.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom