Post by twdre » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 pm

I Installed the latest version of opencart Version 3.0.3.1 with Journnal 3 Template.

Regarding the reward points.
I have to asign them now manualy on the order page of the customer. ( push the green bottom in the options field on the right top of order page)
I dont know for sure but i thought it was going automaticly before, when the order reach a certain status?

Thnx
Andre

Post by straightlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am

Due to improvement of GDPR, automated tasks is not the best subjects to cover as prior to the time period when Opencart handled the reward points automatically. The reason why manual process may be required nowadays is due to not only reduce the automated tasks but also due to store owners wanting to rebalance the reward point values on the orders based on the providers decision after checking out an order.

This strategy seem to be the most appropriate one to avoid uncontrolled situations whenever store owners needs to negotiate final or alternative approach with their clients.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON