Post by TheJD » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 pm

i was testing a chat client on the store, went over to Admin > Design > Theme Editor > Common > and put some of the html code for the chat button in column_left.twig, column_right.twig and footer.twig, each time doing the reset after i was done testing the load of the chat client and if it would load. everything seem to load correctly. So on the last test i did the same where i just pressed Reset button and saved. When i refreshed the page it appeared ok, however i went over to one of the test products on the store and I got this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Loader' with message 'Unable to find template "common/column_left.twig" (looked into: /home1/SITE/public_html/catalog/view/theme).' in /home1/SITE/public_html/system/library/template/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php:215 Stack trace: #0 /home1/SITE/public_html/system/library/template/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php(139): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->findTemplate('common/column_l...') #1 /home1/SITE/public_html/system/library/template/Twig/Environment.php(312): Twig_Loader_Filesystem->getCacheKey('common/column_l...') #2 /home1/SITE/public_html/system/library/template/Twig/Environment.php(378): Twig_Environment->getTemplateClass('common/column_l...', NULL) #3 /home1/SITE/storage/modification/system/library/template/twig.php(59): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('common/column_l...') #4 /home1/SITE/storage/modification/system/library/template.php(57): Template\Twig->render('common/column_l...', '1') #5 /home1/SITE/storage/modification/system/en in /home1/SITE/public_html/system/library/template/Twig/Loader/Filesystem.php on line 215

is editing the twig data the way i did safe? does resetting it alter something else? i thought the twig has to be edited this way only. if i install a mod that works with the twig or something, is it editing the twig automatically and by me resetting it the way i did is actually causing a issue with a mod i might have installed?

Post by TheJD » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm

i went back into Design > Theme Editor and saw there was things in the Theme History area. I deleted those all there and now the pages are loading.

What would have been the issue here? What was in the theme history I was missing or what was it doing if I reset the twig the way i was doing that?

thanks

Post by TheJD » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 am

doing some testing and reading, i can't get a understanding of twig files or the twig area in the admin panel...

can we touch or edit those or should we not edit them through admin panel? doing any edits and reverts seem to do some errors. i am running version 3.0.2.0 also with no mods installed, just doing test.

Post by TheJD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:04 pm

any info on this?

Post by blocks1 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:43 am

TheJD wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm
i went back into Design > Theme Editor and saw there was things in the Theme History area. I deleted those all there and now the pages are loading.

What would have been the issue here? What was in the theme history I was missing or what was it doing if I reset the twig the way i was doing that?

thanks

THANKYOU SOOO MUCH I COULDNT FIGURE OUT THE ISSUE FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!