Post by edwardr » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi
I'm having troubles with the contact formular. I can send a message (and receive it), but after pressing the send button I got following error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /XXX/catalog/language/de-DE/information/contact.php:1) in /XXX/system/library/response.php on line 36
I compared the english and my german language file, but the they are the same (except the translation). I hope somebody knows what this error means and how I can solve it. (I use 3.0.2 opencart and a theme)

Many thanks
Edward
Last edited by edwardr on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:04 pm

It could be a invalid character in your language contact.php. Try selecting, then copy and paste to a new file.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 am

information/contact.php)
Well, there is no such file (.ending) in OC v.3 ...
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:32 pm

edwardr wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm
I got following error:
I suspect there were some other errors? Post those too?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by edwardr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 pm

And the winner is: Add Creative

Many thx, I double checked the file, but still something was wrong. I overwrote it with the english file and it worked suddendly. I translated it one step after another and it is now working fine.
(except a layout Problem, but that's not so important) (I will send also the Information to the translator add-in)

Recomandation for others: Checking / Comparing might not solve the problem. It's better to use the original version, copy it and translate it step by step and copy it into your language directory. Also don't forget to reload it with SHIFT-F5 (deletes the cache)

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 am

It could of been the UTF-8 BOM character at the start of the file. If you have been using an editor make sure the encoding is UTF-8 without BOM or save the files without a UTF-8 BOM.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by edwardr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 am
It could of been the UTF-8 BOM character at the start of the file. If you have been using an editor make sure the encoding is UTF-8 without BOM or save the files without a UTF-8 BOM.
Also checked this one before, but the error was still there ... Anyway I just wrote it new and now it's working :) Thx for your help