Post by casaflorinda » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 am

Hi, How can I change the font color in the cart and checkout pages? There are answers for earlier versions which do not work with V3. I am guessing the code is in stylesheet.css but have tried everything with no luck.

my site : http://casaflorinda.eu/ocart2/index.php ... ommon/home

Thanks.

Post by OSWorX » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:12 am

First of all: your stylesheet is:

Code: Select all

catalog/view/theme/default/stylesheet/stylesheet.css
If you edited this, it should work.
Maybe you have edited the wrong class?

Adding an item to the basket, the message then cannot be read completely - because the link colour is currently #efefefef (stylesheet line 36).

The colour in the cart has color green (stylesheet line 1 > body) - should be also changed.
And what colour do you want in the checkout?

Breadcrumbs are also not visible > stylesheet line 36.

From what I can see, you should rethink what colours and where you want them and adopt a few things in your css.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by casaflorinda » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:44 am

Thanks for your help!

As you saw from my code I had already changed some color values, including line 36. I now realise the Google Chrome cache was preventing the changes from appearing on my view. You are right, I need to review what I have got.

The breadcrumbs are OK now
The cart is OKish - my home page is green so I don't want to change body color, unless I can specify cart only.

The checkout - if I change the font color it changes the font color on my home page and product desc. I would prefer to change the checkout background color (maybe??), is that possible? or to change ONLY the checkout font color?

Post by OSWorX » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:59 am

casaflorinda wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:44 am
The checkout - if I change the font color it changes the font color on my home page and product desc. I would prefer to change the checkout background color (maybe??), is that possible? or to change ONLY the checkout font color?
You could add an additional css.class in the checkout and define that after your flavour.
Doing so, you have to edit also the checkout template.

This way you do not have to change some generic css.class(es) which may have in negative impact over the whole shop.

Best practice is, let the default template the default.
Just copy it, rename it, define this new template as your standard and play with it.
Note: you have to copy only those templates you want to edit/override - not all!
The system checks if a custom template exist, if not it use the default.
Preventing you from copying all templates.

This way you can switch back at any time in case something went totally wrong.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:21 am

Could possibly be around here, the baby :D

Code: Select all

.btn-inverse {
	color: #ffffff;
	text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);
	background-color: #363636;
	background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #444444, #222222);
	background-repeat: repeat-x;
	border-color: #222222 #222222 #000000;
}
.btn-inverse:hover, .btn-inverse:active, .btn-inverse.active, .btn-inverse.disabled, .btn-inverse[disabled] {
	background-color: #222222;
	background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #333333, #111111);
} 

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland