Post by rutar » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi guys,
i have a couple of questions that are bothering me and i cannot solve them.

1. Is there a option to enable Tax or VAT field in checkout? Or maybe choose if you want to buy as a company or a regular person?

2. If im logged in with my account on my e-commerce page and i go to checkout, why are all of the fields (Name, Address, etc..) empty? Shouldnt they autofill with the information i provided when i registered my account?

3. Is there a possibility to remove the option for "flat shipping" if the total amount is more than enough for the free shipping option to pop up at checkout? Because now i have: Free shipping and Shipping-4,5€ options both available.

Thank you for your answers

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 pm

rutar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:09 pm
Hi guys,

1. Is there a option to enable Tax or VAT field in checkout? Or maybe choose if you want to buy as a company or a regular person?

2. If im logged in with my account on my e-commerce page and i go to checkout, why are all of the fields (Name, Address, etc..) empty? Shouldnt they autofill with the information i provided when i registered my account?

3. Is there a possibility to remove the option for "flat shipping" if the total amount is more than enough for the free shipping option to pop up at checkout? Because now i have: Free shipping and Shipping-4,5€ options both available.

Thank you for your answers
1. You'll need to find an extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... search=Vat
2. If you select "Returning Customer" you should be able to select an address.
3. You'd need an extension like this: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=31152

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by kestas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm

rutar wrote:
Hi guys,

Suggestion for the question No.3...
in file: //catalog/model/extension/shipping/flat.php find:

Code: Select all

return $method_data;    
and replace with:

Code: Select all

if (($this->cart->getSubTotal() < $this->config->get('shipping_free_total')) || !$this->config->get('shipping_free_total')) {
    return $method_data;
  }
This modification will disable flat shipping method when cart total will be reached which is set in free shipping method. So two shipping methods must be enabled. Flat rate shipping method and Free shipping method. Flat shipping will work even if you disable Free shipping. After you make this changes refresh modifications and clear cache in admin dashboard.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by rutar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:53 pm

I will try it today. I hope it works:)

Post by kestas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

rutar wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi,
I have created an extension Custom fields for company ID and Company VAT. This extension allow create additional custom fields for that and allow to place it to the invoice. If you want it you can PM me.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here