Post by daveydave » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Hello fellow Opencarters,

I'm running Opencart 3.0.2.0.

I've moved a website from one CentOS host to another due to persistent failures from the old web host.
Most things have gone smoothly, but for some reason, on the new host, the cart no longer updates correctly.

If I reload the page a couple of times it will (this also applies to the cart page). I've searched through the forum for answers, but none of the solutions have been helpful, so was wondering if anyone might have any other ideas.

I've found that if I go back to a page where I had one item in the cart (and have since added more) it will show the old total. I've also found that when logging in as a customer, sometimes I get kicked back to the login screen, but then when I navigate elsewhere, I appear to be logged in.

My guess is that it is a caching issue, but I'm not sure where to look to fix it or why this problem might be occurring. I have full Cpanel access so can easily make changes to the hosting, but have set up the hosting to be the same as the old host.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 pm

It seems that OpenCart 3 doesn't set the cache control headers. You could try the making the changes at the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737358

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by daveydave » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 pm

That worked perfectly. Thank you! This community is exactly why I use this forum and Opencart. You've alleviated 2 hours of head scratching with your simple post. Thanks again.