Post by andyjb » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi All,
I've been searching, but nothng jumps out at me....
What would be the easiest and cleanest way to change the size of images that appear in the Home page banner slideshow?
I've played with the actual image sizes, but they just expand to fill the space and become blurry.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:42 am

As a new forum user, please read the forum rules. More information needed.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 am

Well, the only workable Solution I found on this, was, to make Parts of a Banner 'invisible' ;)
but in order to avoid 2000+ pixel wide images, one might be forced, to 'box' a Theme into a
MAX-WIDTH-set display. Otherways, such huge images will delay Loading time, and so reduce
Site Tester Performance Results. One just cannot build a Race Car, by Use of heavy Truck Tires :laugh:
Especially, since PNG Images are required for such, if one needs a 'transparent' invisible
'placeholder-type' Background Frame, and they are large in Size by Nature... :-\
Ernie
---
Image link:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=35815

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by andyjb » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi IP_CAM
Thanks for your response. I've played with reducing the sizes of the various displayed files but the quality is just awful, so just wondering would you know if it's possible to hard code the sizes in a php file somewhere?

Many thanks
Regards
AndyJB