Post by daphne » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello everybody!

For the past 3 days i 've been having the following issue.
I receive an order eg #2190 containing product X. In my webmail however, I receive two notification emails with the same order number (2190). One email contains product X (same as in the system) and the other contains product Y. Problem is that the notification email doesn't contain customer contact details, therefore I cannot figure out who the "lost" order is coming from.
OC 3.0.2.0 with Journal theme

Any insights highly appreciated!
O0
Daphne

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm

In catalog/controller/mail/order.php file,

find:

Code: Select all

$mail->setSubject(html_entity_decode(sprintf($this->language->get('text_subject'), $this->config->get('config_name'), $order_info['order_id']), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'));
replace with:

$mail->setSubject(html_entity_decode(sprintf($this->language->get('text_subject'), $this->config->get('config_name'), $order_info['order_id'], $order_info['firstname'], $order_info['lastname'], $order_info['telephone']), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'));
Then, in catalog/language/<your_language>/mail/order_alert.php file,

replace:

$_['text_subject']      = '%s - Order %s';
with:

$_['text_subject']      = '%s - Order %s - Customer name: %s %s - Telephone: %s';
These infos should now appear in the email's subject line upon notifications.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON