Post by Isomo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Hello everybody

I have an up and running working Opencart 3.0.2 webshop. Very happy with it. Over the last 2 months there were 2 quite strange things happening to my shop.

The Tax Class in my shop are based on the 'Store Address', so far it has been reset twice to 'Shipping Address' not showing the VAT included price on the frontend. So, twice I went into my admin panel, set the 'Shipping Address' back to 'Store Address' and everything worked all buttery smooth.

Question is: Is it possible that a bug causes this reset? Twice over the past 2 months this happened?

Or: Do we have a hacker in our system who tries to be funny and change one setting.
PS: If it would be a hacker, are there any changelogs for Opencart to check if this would be the case?

Would be glad to hear if any of you came accross a familiar problem.
Any settings resetting to their 'old' values is quite frustrating :o

For sure on monday mornings.

Greetings
Isomo

EDIT: Is it tuesday already? Gosh.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 pm

I seriously doubt a hacker would do this, since there's no profit in it for them. Even if someone wanted to mess with you, this would be a strange way to do it.

Most likely, I would say you have some type of automated database backup that's restoring the setting, or you have an extension installed that's somehow changing that setting back at some point. Both things would be difficult to trace and fix, so you may want to hire someone to take a look into this for you. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

If you think it's a mod you've installed, you could disable all mods in Extensions > Modifications and your /vqmod/xml/ folder (if you're using vQmod) and see if that helps. If it does, then a mod is probably the cause, and you can start enabling them one-by-one to figure out which one is doing it.

If you think it's an automatic backup, you may need to talk to your web host about it, or any other developers that have worked on the site. They may be able to point you in the right direction, or at least rule out that possibility.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator