Post by tbaforum » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:51 pm

I have having a randomly occurring error on my store where some orders have selections duplicated. This seems to be happening a after confirming in the checkout, so there is no indication to the customer that anything is going wrong. They can check their totals and selections in the checkout but the totals and items are added and even charged in duplicate.

This error is most obvious that it's not the customer's fault by the fact that it's not just adding a quantity of 2x, it's actually listing the same item as a different item. This shouldn't be possible. If you add 2 of something (even at different times) then it will change the quantity, not write the name of the product again with a separate quantity.

I'm currently using the default cart and checkout.

Has anyone heard of such an issue before? Where do I even begin to try to find out what's going wrong?

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm

OC version?
Extensions?
Theme?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by tbaforum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:05 pm
OC version?
Extensions?
Theme?
Most of that information was already provided.

I'm in the Opencart 3 forum. It's 3.02.

I said that it was the default checkout.

I'm using a theme called MarketShop: https://themeforest.net/item/marketshop ... me/6913803

I don't think the theme does anything to the Checkout.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

tbaforum wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm
Most of that information was already provided.
No, none of that info was provided, that's why I asked.

tbaforum wrote:
I'm in the Opencart 3 forum. It's 3.02.
What does 3.02 mean? That's not even a valid version number. There are several versions of 3. I suspect you mean 3.0.2.0.

tbaforum wrote:
I said that it was the default checkout.
Which isn't clear if you mean the default theme, and then from your next answer you're not using the default theme * facepalm *

tbaforum wrote:
I'm using a theme called MarketShop: https://themeforest.net/item/marketshop ... me/6913803
So you are using a theme, not the default.
Most themes are pretty poor quality and those 5* reviews look fake.

tbaforum wrote:
I don't think the theme does anything to the Checkout.
Well I'm glad you know all about programming, I'm surprised you even needed any help. Of course the theme does something to the checkout unless the checkout looks exactly like the default.

Summary: if you want free help, better drop the attitude and answer questions accurately when asked.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom