Post by Payal_joy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Using Opencart 3.0.2.0
How do we add a new rule to the shipping rate calculations? For example: Ours is a publication. While selling books we charge a flat shipping rate, but for magazine subscriptions shipping is free. How & where do we add this rule? So far we have not found any extensions to do this.

Any help will be appreciated. If there is no extension available, do we need to create our own extension or wite a VQMOD?

Thanks in advance.

Example
Product price (300) + Subscription magazine price( 300) = total price(600)
then don’t apply free shipping because product price is 300.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:53 am

A few options..
1. If you are dealing with a flat charge for a product, probably just easier to set up free shipping and just add the price to the product directly. Just make the price 600 for that product and have free shipping.
2. You can set the require shipping to false, that will remove the item from all shipping calculations. This however is limited because it also disables the acquisition of shipping address during checkout.

I made an argument a few years ago that I think just fell to the back burner that we need a 3rd options for require shipping to just have a designated product based shipping choice to allow certain products to override the default shipping or remove themselves from the calculation on free shipping, but still collect shipping info.

Administrator

Post by Payal_joy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.
We tried for option 2.
But it not working according to our requirement.
I am adding both type of product shipping charges required and shipping charges not required in cart at time.
I got following warning on checkout page
"No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance! "
And for shipping address we already write Vqmod even if shipping requires is no it allowed to enter shipping address.
Thank You

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm

Category & Product-Based Shipping can do this. You can set different rates for different products, and then combine them all into a single shipping cost displayed to the customer. It also lets you restrict your rates by lots of other factors, including total, quantity, postcode, etc.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator