Post by martinjones » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 am

Hi there. I've been struggling to get a 3.0.2.0 store up and running, imported data from a 1.5.1 site, and have dealt with most of my issues.

However, somehow I've managed to lose the top horizontal category menu and I can't find out why, or where to look to reset it. I'm using the default theme and I know that my categories that should be there are all flagged to appear in the top menu.

I seemed to lose the top menu after I reorganised my categories (moving some into subcategories) but this may or may not be the case.

If you have any pointers, suggestions or hints I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Martin
Last edited by martinjones on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:59 am

Only parent categories will show on top menu

Expert Member

Post by martinjones » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 am

Thanks cyclops12, I realise that. No category menu is being displayed at all and this is my problem.

Post by martinjones » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:25 pm

This problem was caused by playing with the default theme, while trying to create a new theme based on it. I somehow managed to change a file in catalog/view/theme/default that broke the menu.

Had there been one single reliable source of documentation for replicating the default theme for 3.0.2.0, I would not have wasted time on this.

Fixed by restoring the folder with a copy from the original installation and the menu miraculously reappeared.

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 am

That will teach you for fiddling lol.
Glad you got it sorted.
Should always copy default theme and rename to new name and change the new files leaving all default files intact.
And agree, documentation is pretty poor.

Expert Member

Post by roytse » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 am

Hi, Martin,

Seems like I got same problem as you did ,DId you solved it? or may be you help me with this. Thanks in advanced.
martinjones wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 am
Hi there. I've been struggling to get a 3.0.2.0 store up and running, imported data from a 1.5.1 site, and have dealt with most of my issues.

However, somehow I've managed to lose the top horizontal category menu and I can't find out why, or where to look to reset it. I'm using the default theme and I know that my categories that should be there are all flagged to appear in the top menu.

I seemed to lose the top menu after I reorganised my categories (moving some into subcategories) but this may or may not be the case.

If you have any pointers, suggestions or hints I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Post by martinjones » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm

@roytse: my problem was fixed when I made sure the theme I was using was a copy of the default theme. Just make sure you have all the files correctly copied across.