Post by emir.more » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 am

Hi!

I'm trying to modify/simplify the checkout page to skip some of the steps in the tab panels into a single form checkout.
As I understand, In the default template the parts of the checkout process are called with JavaScript from the main 'chechout/chechout.twig' file.

The questions is, How do I simply call one part of the checkout, for examples 'chechout/guest.twig' in 'chechout/chechout.twig' ?

I tried simply putting:

Code: Select all

{{ guest }}
But it didn't work. Any hints ?

Thanks in advance!

update:
So far I was able to remove some fields from the guest form. And what I'm trying to achieve now, is to display login.twig and guest twig simultaneously at the step 1.

Is it possible to call login.twig and guest twig by modifying controller without using JavaScript ?

Here is a mock up:
Last edited by emir.more on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 pm

emir.more wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 am
But it didn't work. Any hints ?
Top tip: if you're not a developer this is quite complex so pay someone from the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by emir.more » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Paul. Well you might say I'm a developer, perhaps a mediocre one :)
I'm mostly a Joomla guy, with Joomla I'm able to create custom modules and components from scratch.
Just starting with OC, so far I wrote some .ocmods and did some other edits.

Concerning my question, just looking for some starting points from where I can probably go on by myself.

Post by kestas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 am

Hi,
To understand OC logic read first http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/developer/module/

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here