Post by bronts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:05 am

Hello OpenCarters,

My OpenCart version is 3.0.2.0 and the webstore is www.redraglyn.com

Moments ago I bought and installed (followed the instructions) a calendar extension https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=2602 (still have to make it match the rest of the shop yet).
After install, I went into Layout section of Admin Design to place the module into the Column Left within all the pages in the layout list and noticed that on EVERY layout page there were several choices missing. Not modules missing, but the actual sections!! and all my webstore pages now show missing items in the footer etc!! Some of my footer still shows live - just the info part though.

What's missing in the layout pages is...
Content Bottom, Footer top, Footer Top Inner, Footer left, Footer Right, Footer Bottom, and Slider top.
Before: Image
After: Image

How do I get these options back so I can put back my modules?
I think, that maybe that extension I just installed overwrote some files? And of course, I stupidly didn't make a backup beforehand.
Last edited by bronts on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by sw!tch » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 pm

If they are also gone on the frontend then chances are they are history. You can contact your hosting company, sometimes they keep incremental backups offsite. Might be worth a shot. If you do get a backup, I think you would just need to restore the database and to remove the extension.

Contact the extension developer might be a theme compatibility issue.

Try removing the extension see if they come back, but otherwise I think you will need to restore the DB.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by bronts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I have contacted the opencart theme developer and they have said they will not help.
I have contacted the extension developer and await a reply.
I have contacted my hosting company and await a reply.
I am about to uninstall the extension to see if they show back, but I have my doubts.

Do you know if my layout options (that are missing), are part of opencart or my shop's theme?
As i have all the original files I downloaded and may be able to work out where the things got deleted and be able to make a new 'merged' file so they show again. The modules are still all there, I just need those layout options back.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by bronts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:34 pm

It has been suggested to me via PM that i backup the admin folder and overwrite it with the original OC Admin folder.
So I'll be giving that a go too.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by sw!tch » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Looks like features added by a theme, but I cant be certain, etc. FWIW - Backup before trying anything further .

You may want to wait for your web host to see if they can get you a backup and backup what you have before proceeding further. Not sure overwriting the admin will do much unless you replaced core files with this extension.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by bronts » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 pm

so no backup from the webhost.

I have backed up the admin folder and replaced it with the original theme admin folder - didn't work.

It has been suggested in a PM that i simply replace the layout_form.twig, with the file from theme so I am going to try that.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by bronts » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:05 am

simply replacing/overwriting the layout_form.twig file did the trick.
it's all working as it should be now.
Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:37 pm

bronts wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 pm
so no backup from the webhost.
Why is anyone running an ecommerce website without backups?

You should switch hosts immediately but also you should learn to take full backups yourself:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/opencart-backup-restore/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 am

Also by contacting your host knowing if a backup feature would be provided before considering to switch to another hosting service would be ideal in this case. Normally, when paying for hosting services, we do have to understand their service-based knowing if what they provide do match as much as possible with our needs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON