Post by 92869 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Started a new site, this time using 3.0 for the first time. The phone number is not appearing at the top of the page. Have tried everything I know to do but still does not appear. I would think this is a default setting as it shows in my other sites (using earlier versions of OC).

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Ensure to follow this step after making any modifications: viewtopic.php?f=176&p=725084#p718325 and that the phone number has indeed been added into your header.php and header.twig files.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by RobertE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 am

I too would like to see my phone number at the top right corner of the grey menu bar from the default store.
I’m using a fresh install of ver 3.x that I reinstalled 2 days ago and I seem to recall seeing a picture or demo where it shows the phone receiver pic and then a phone number next to it.
I updated the phone number in a second copy of the cart I have installed in a separate folder and went through the refresh steps given in this post but I can’t get it to show the number on the menu bar.
I tried to attach a screenshot but haven’t figured out how to do that yet on my iPad.

Location - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:27 am

In your catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig file, simply use:

Code: Select all

{% if telephone %}
{{ telephone }}
{% endif %}
At your preferred location in the file.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by hpwd » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 am

if you want to hard code, just write the phone number in catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig or if you want to use OCMOD, just make the XML and make operation in catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/common/header.twig.

Hard code is the easiest way

HP Web Design
OpenCart Indonesia | Toko Online OpenCart