Post by ardragifts » Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am

Hello,
Under the View cart then estimated shipping there is "Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate."
Is there a way I can add, not all choices will be available due to size of items and your final available choices will
show when you checkout?

As things show up as a choice where I know the item will not fit in the flat rate box, etc.. but in estimated shipping it shows, but on full checkout with 3D calculations, that option is no longer available :)

I opened a ticket for Journal and they said it was an OC issue, not theirs.

Thanks so much
Nancy

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 am

Hi Nancy :)

That text is contained in the language file for the shipping estimator:

/catalog/language/en-gb/extension/total/shipping.php

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by ardragifts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 am

Woot thank you! It worked very easily
FINALLY something easy to fix .. rofl
Thanks ;)

Post by ardragifts » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:31 am

Oh crap lol
This isnt so easy to fix lol
IN the estimated shipping through View Cart, the customer might get an option like Light Packet or something for 3 bucks, but if they go through the Checkout NOT view cart.. if the items dont fit Light Packet, then that option isnt available. So its confusing to my customers, they feel ripped off seeing 3 bucks for estimate and then the shipping goes up when they go to checkout. Its like the 3D calculator doesnt work during the estimated shipping.
Is there a way to totally remove estimated shipping in View Cart so I DONT confuse my customers?
Thanks lol
Nancy

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 pm

The shipping rates should always be the same, though the estimator only uses country + state + postcode, so it's not quite as accurate as the checkout page shipping quotes.

If you want to disable the cart page shipping estimator, you can do that in Extensions > Order Totals > Shipping.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator