Post by tbaforum » Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm

I am in the process of rebuilding my OC 1.5.6.4 page in the OC 3 platform. I'm not upgrading, instead I'm just building a new page offline on a local host and will upload it when I'm done.

My question is in regards to the image properties for images inserted into pages. I'm not talking about the product display images or tiles, but instead images that are added in the description or as information on pages using the text editor section.

For these images, on my OC1 store, I get the option to set the width, height, and also a border thickness. However for my OC3 store these attributes are not available. These settings are crucial for my design because I not only need to set the width, but actually need to set it to a percentage size.

Am I just somehow missing the settings or have OC (stupidly) removed a feature that was part of their prior version?

As a side question; does anyone know an extension I can use to restore this control over the images I place on pages?

Post by yodapt » Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 pm

If you add an image and click on it afterwards, there should appear a context menu. Scroll down if you dont see it right away, it might go unnoticed.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by tingwing » Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 pm

yodapt wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 pm
If you add an image and click on it afterwards, there should appear a context menu. Scroll down if you dont see it right away, it might go unnoticed.
correct!

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com

Post by tingwing » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 pm

but I were you ,I would to choose buy an extension to upgrade,that would save a lot of time.

my extension:https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... estshop24h
email :support@bestshop24h.com
site:http://www.bestshop24h.com

Post by tbaforum » Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks for the responses.

In the vanilla OC there was no option to change image size (only title and a few other random things), but I found out what I needed: a CK Editor

I realised this after I went to edit the cell properties of a table and found right clicking didn't work. My old OC1 site has a CK Editor mod installed so I just got one for OC3 and I now have the control I need.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm

tingwing wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 pm
but I were you ,I would to choose buy an extension to upgrade,that would save a lot of time.
Probably better to pay a developer from Commercial Support to rebuild it in OC3.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by tbaforum » Sun May 27, 2018 6:17 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm
tingwing wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 pm
Probably better to pay a developer from Commercial Support to rebuild it in OC3.
No. I'm not interested in someone charging me thousands of dollars for what I am doing myself.

I'm running a lot of extensions and customisations but luckily a lot of them let me just download for OC3 without having it buy it again. Others I have bought again and I still need a developer to rig up a 'X many payments of Y' thing on pages (to go with a repayment service) but otherwise I am nearly finished now after probably a bit under a month (in between my normal work).

It was a massive help using a database transfer tool so my products and other data copied across in minutes (rather than me make 35 pages of products all over again).

Post by IP_CAM » Mon May 28, 2018 7:21 am

I'm not interested in someone charging me thousands of dollars for what I am doing myself
Well, that's no problem, and it can be done, if one is able, to do it all by himself. One just needs
to understand the Image Bootstrap Technology, wich, in this case, seems not to be the case. ::)

And the Summernote Editor is not so much different from the cKeditor, it probably also takes
the manually inserted class="img-responsive" Command, to make images able to show up
in full, regardless of the Browser Resolution. And by manually inserting an image size, if none is
added by Summernote default, an image max-width class value could also be set, I assume at least.
max-width: 400px !important; height: auto;
Otherwise, just replace the Summernote by an OC version-matching cKeditor, and you should be set.
Good Luck!
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland