Post by wem18994 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm

hi!
is there any way to add a shipping method with dropdown menu?
the main idea is:
2 radio buttons, 1 - pickup from store, 2 - ship with fedex/dhl/etc
if user selected 2nd radio button he should choose fedex/dhl/etc from a dropdown menu.
maybe you know some extentions or can tell me which files i should change to implement it?
thank you!

Post by Johnathan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 pm

OpenCart doesn't support select dropdowns by default, so you'd need to find a modification for that. However, I'd suggest just using the normal shipping system, and show radio buttons for each individual option. To show more than one option, you need an extension capable of showing multiple rates. The built-in Weight Based Shipping can do that, or if you need actual Fedex/DHL calculations, you should use the built-in Fedex extension and find a DHL extension that can do that.

If you really do want a dropdown, and you can't find a mod for it, you'll probably need to hire someone to create it for you. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by kestas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 pm

wem18994 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm
hi!
is there any way to add a shipping method with dropdown menu?
the main idea is:
2 radio buttons, 1 - pickup from store, 2 - ship with fedex/dhl/etc
if user selected 2nd radio button he should choose fedex/dhl/etc from a dropdown menu.
maybe you know some extentions or can tell me which files i should change to implement it?
thank you!
Hi,
For front end you need to change catalog/model/extension/shipping/your_shipping_module.php
I have write similar module for Lithuanian post terminal service:
DEMO
user: demo
passw:demo

Front End

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here