Post by woody1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:45 am

I have had a store running 1.3.0 for years now, store does about 200k a year. What are my options for the least interruptions and for migrating all my products, options, customers etc....???

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Hire a professional to do the upgrade for you. It's definitely the best way to do it if you need to make sure the upgrade goes smoothly. 1.3 is also quite old, so you'll need to discuss with someone what extensions/modifications you're using, and how to get those on 3.0 (since some of them may no longer be updated).

Qphoria has an upgrade service and does more upgrades than anyone else, but I'm not sure what his schedule is like. If he's unavailable and you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:53 pm

I usually do a fresh install for a new OpenCart version, and then use the Export/Import tool to port the old products data from the old to the new server. See also our FAQ on this.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

woody1 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:45 am
:o that's a version so old I've never heard of anyone still using it!

You best bet would be to build a new site in 3.0.2.0 and get the products, categories, orders, customers migrated over. We'd be happy to quote.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom