Post by Ronnie Mac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 am

OC Version: 3.0.2.0

Hello

I am new to OC and have a couple questions.
I have not deleted the default "Categories", "Products" OR "Store" as of yet and I am not positive if this may be causing my issue I am going to explain.
I have added a new Category and then attempted to add some Products into that Category (unsuccessfully)... when I view the newly created Category page it displays no link pointing to the newly added Products
-are Product anchors set by the application or must they be manually entered into the corresponding Category page? -

I also see my failure in successfully associating my Products with a Category's as when I look in the navigation bar at the top, it will show the new Category as well as the new Product, however the Product count to the right remains at -> (0).

I know I am the loose nut behind the wheel and greatly appreciate any help or suggestions the group can share with me.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:21 am

Which category page are you referring to? The admin or from the store-front end? More information is needed.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:33 am

greatly appreciate any help or suggestions the group can share
Well, you seem to have high expectations ! :D But there is no such thing as a Group,
the only common interest about OC bases on Cash, for most everybody involved. :choke:

But don't take it personal, since still a lot of knowledge exists, and some nice guys usually
share wisdom, if one is able, to deliever FIGURES AND FACTS. OC already exists for some
time, and many (internally always a little different) Versions of it existed.

And OC is an open Software, and thousands of Extensions exist, so, if it comes to problems,
it's sometimes hard, to find out first, what Extensions possibly had some impact on 'default'
doings, and sometimes, one Extension will disable other Extensions or Themes from doing
their Job, or even visually 'kill' the entire Shop in full.

So, there is NOT ONE ANSWER, if a Question comes up, it ALL depends on, how and
what the User installed and configured, and how the Server itself is configured.

In short: Download the eBooks, linked below, to find out, how OC works. It's all about OC-2,
but the general 'handling' is very similar to OC-3. And come here, to either search for existing
Topics, or then, to ask very specific Questions. But better ask Google first, they know more than
OC itself. But don't expect, to be teached on how to manage i.E. the addition of a Category, or
adding Product Options, because 99+% of OC Users are not Forum Freaks, eagerly waiting, to
make others to their own Competitors, as soon as possible.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
OpenCart 2 + Tips and Tricks
https://isenselabs.com/books/allbooks
---

For Sale: Top URL's, including OpenCart V-Pro installed, like seen here:
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.ipcam.li - http://www.opencart.li
For Information + URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
I am NOT available for Custom Support in existing OC Installations!
My Github Repositories: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Ronnie Mac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:29 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:21 am
Which category page are you referring to? The admin or from the store-front end? More information is needed.
Thank you
I apologize for the lacking post I made.

I was referring to the category page at the stores front end.
Last night I created a category "sports & outdoors" with a sub-cat "tactical gear" after which point I added one item to the product list, when I accessed the sub category page last night, it was not listing the newly added item nor was the category or sub catgeory associated with the item count.

Now this evening when I had time to log back in to look at the store front end again, sports & outdoors is counting the item which should be associated with tactical gear subcategory, but nonetheless it is listing the product I added to the product list.

I took a screen shot of the category and its sub category, the category is counting the item which should be associated with the sub category count however ... I am unclear of where my error is in associating the tactical product with the tactical sub category

Thank you for your time

Post by Ronnie Mac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:33 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:33 am
greatly appreciate any help or suggestions the group can share
Well, you seem to have high expectations ! :D But there is no such thing as a Group,
the only common interest about OC bases on Cash, for most everybody involved. :choke:

But don't take it personal, since still a lot of knowledge exists, and some nice guys usually
share wisdom, if one is able, to deliever FIGURES AND FACTS. OC already exists for some
time, and many (internally always a little different) Versions of it existed.

And OC is an open Software, and thousands of Extensions exist, so, if it comes to problems,
it's sometimes hard, to find out first, what Extensions possibly had some impact on 'default'
doings, and sometimes, one Extension will disable other Extensions or Themes from doing
their Job, or even visually 'kill' the entire Shop in full.

So, there is NOT ONE ANSWER, if a Question comes up, it ALL depends on, how and
what the User installed and configured, and how the Server itself is configured.

In short: Download the eBooks, linked below, to find out, how OC works. It's all about OC-2,
but the general 'handling' is very similar to OC-3. And come here, to either search for existing
Topics, or then, to ask very specific Questions. But better ask Google first, they know more than
OC itself. But don't expect, to be teached on how to manage i.E. the addition of a Category, or
adding Product Options, because 99+% of OC Users are not Forum Freaks, eagerly waiting, to
make others to their own Competitors, as soon as possible.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie
OpenCart 2 + Tips and Tricks
https://isenselabs.com/books/allbooks
---
Thank you Ernie

LOL, no offense taken ;-)

I had been reading from the manual last night, yet I I was still not playing well with the platform

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 pm

If using a custom theme, switch back to the default theme and see if the same issue can be reproduced. If so, clear your OC admin cache from your admin - > dashboard - > blue icon on the right and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ronnie Mac » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 pm
If using a custom theme, switch back to the default theme and see if the same issue can be reproduced. If so, clear your OC admin cache from your admin - > dashboard - > blue icon on the right and from your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button.
Thank you straightlight, I re-read the manual and found that in the Links tab of any one product I was failing to properly define the category(s) for each item.

All is fine now.

Thank you for your time and suggestions
Have a great day

"Keep your shiny side up"

Life is 10% WHAT happens to you and 90% HOW you respond to it.