Post by tony2011 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 am

I have built a test site on my domain that I want to use for example: www.testdomain.com/newsite/ is there an easy to move the entire site to the public_html folder without it breaking? At the moment when I try it keeps picking up an error message picking up the sub folder /newsite/

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am

You'll need to change the content of BOTH config.php Files, to match
the new Links and Paths, as well as the .htaccess file REWRITE Path to:

Code: Select all

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
if you plan your Shop Software to be placed in the Site ROOT Main Section.

Then, clear out all your Cached Content, in
vqmod/vqcache/... (if VqMod exists!)
AND EITHER in:
system/storage/modification/...
system/storage/cache/...
OR THEN in:
system/modification/...
system/cache/...
Sections, depending on the OC-2 Version used, and then try again!
---
BUT, you talk about public_html, wich would be the Site ROOT Section,
but also about linking to public_html/newsite/, and such would not work,
it's either in the Site ROOT/... , or then the Site ROOT/SUB/... , and
the .htaccess File needs to be written accordingly, like shown below, if the
Software is placed in a Subdirectory, called by example: testdomain.com/newsite/

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /newsite/
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

For Sale: Top URL's, including OpenCart V-Pro installed, like seen here:
http://www.bigmax.ch - http://www.ipcam.li - http://www.opencart.li
For Information + URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
I am NOT available for Custom Support in existing OC Installations!
My Github Repositories: https://github.com/IP-CAM

Guru Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Also follow these instructions regarding the storage folder when testing on a PCI server: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=201745#p713479 . Ensure not to have used the automatic settings from the admin Security Modal window but rather the manual option.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tony2011 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 am

Thanks for your help! I just have one minor issue.... this error message now appears on my pages... any idea what I need to do?

Warning: unlink(/var/sites/t/domainname.co.uk/STORAGE/cache/cache.catalog.language.1522882940): No such file or directory in /var/sites/t/domainname.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 68

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:21 am

Ensure to have properly defined your constant paths in your config.php and admin/config.php files. One tool you could rely on: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tony2011 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:52 am

I am still struggling to get this working :-(.... I have done exactly what you recommend and now it lists more errors ... any advice?

Warning: fopen(/var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/Storage_1//var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/storage/cache/cache.catalog.language.1523663156): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 49Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 53Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 55Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 59Warning: fopen(/var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/Storage_1//var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/storage/cache/cache.currency.1523663156): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 49Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 53Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 55Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/sites/t/domainame.co.uk/public_html/system/library/cache/file.php on line 59

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:58 am

In catalog/model/localisation/language.php file,

find:

$language_data = $this->cache->get('language');
replace with:

$language_data = $this->cache->get('catalog.language');
Then, re-clear your OC cache from the OC admin and see if that rectifies the issue.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tony2011 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 am

Think that has done the job! Thank you :-)