Post by randy896 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 am

I've installed Open Cart 3.0.2.0. I am getting a string of errors when I go to my website (see below). I'm a newby to all this, so be gentle.

I've checked the startup.php file ... all of the "_SERVER" variables begin with "$". I cannot find a typo on any of them. Not sure what to do to resolve this.

Notice: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php on line 28
Notice: Undefined variable: _REQUEST in /home/littl299/public_html/system/library/request.php on line 26
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/system/framework.php on line 108
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/session.php on line 25
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 5
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 99
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 157
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/model/tool/image.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/language.php on line 6
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/currency.php on line 6

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:13 pm

This issue may either be caused by incomplete uploaded files by FTP which should of rather been uploaded with the ZIP file over your host's file manager console and to use the extract button in order to properly install Opencart or it may also be caused by an old version of PHP or you may have a recent version of PHP which may have been improperly installed by your host or may have been properly installed by your host but with restricted server settings over your domain to use these super global variables.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rjcalifornia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:22 pm

randy896 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 am
I've installed Open Cart 3.0.2.0. I am getting a string of errors when I go to my website (see below). I'm a newby to all this, so be gentle.

I've checked the startup.php file ... all of the "_SERVER" variables begin with "$". I cannot find a typo on any of them. Not sure what to do to resolve this.

Notice: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php on line 28
Notice: Undefined variable: _REQUEST in /home/littl299/public_html/system/library/request.php on line 26
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/system/framework.php on line 108
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/session.php on line 25
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 5
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 99
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/littl299/public_html/system/startup.php:28) in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/startup.php on line 157
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/model/tool/image.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/language.php on line 6
Notice: Undefined index: HTTPS in /home/littl299/public_html/catalog/controller/common/currency.php on line 6
Is it a clean install right? Did you install a mod? What is the PHP version of your hosting?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by randy896 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am

I resolved this. I simply went into the files (listed on the first 2 lines on my list of errors), found the line, and removed the $_ and retyped it in. I then saved the file and it was fixed. Something about the $ on those lines was causing an issue.

Post by I2CBSDJ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Many, many thanks randy896 - I have just implemented your approach to my problem and BINGO!!! I can't thank you enough as my query had elicited an unhelpful response :D

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 pm

I can't thank you enough as my query had elicited an unhelpful response
If being suggested to use Google brings you unhelpful response, then it is questionable at this point knowing why you are using the Internet since Google has been developed since the last 20 years as we speak.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON