Post by thankevans » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 am

Hi
I'm new to Opencart having just moved my site here from the old (and now largely defunct) Storesprite shopping cart. Earlier today I made my first Opencart sale but I did not know about the order until I logged in to my admin account. I did not receive the notification email. I've already added the Sendmail snippet to the php.ini file and I've placed the -F in front of my email address under Settings. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure I receive these emails?

Bob

Post by koku » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:20 am

There is a setting for this under System>Settings (edit the store).
You will find it in "Option" tab. It's the "New Order Alert Mail" and you have to set it to "Yes"

Easy Multi-Store Extension
ACS Courier Vouchers for OpenCart 2, 3 & 4
Skroutz Smart Cart (Έξυπνο καλάθι) for OpenCart
Έλεγχος Εγκυρότητας Ελληνικού ΑΦΜ για OpenCart
Change the style of your OpenCart admin dashboard for free!

Post by markcm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:39 pm

I am having a similar issue with a new 3.0.2.0 installation on Godaddy. Emails are sending to the customer but not to my admin email. I have the Como Order History Advanced extension installed and Edit Order Line Items. When I update an order comment from the OC default editor, there is a checkbox for notify customer and one for notify admin. I checked the settings in the COMO app and ensured the "disable email" was not active.

I do not have the "send email to admin" option mentioned above in my Settings>Store>Options>Checkout; there are no email settings in this tab in my installation. I do have send mail on event settings in the Mail tab and they are checked.

Also note: I don't have any variables filled in my MAIL tab, the top box is set to MAIL, not SMTP and the second box has my admin email in it but the rest of the SMTP related boxes are empty. My shop is sending emails to customers correctly yet not sending to my admin email account.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm

markcm wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:39 pm
I am having a similar issue with a new 3.0.2.0 installation on Godaddy. Emails are sending to the customer but not to my admin email. I have the Como Order History Advanced extension installed and Edit Order Line Items. When I update an order comment from the OC default editor, there is a checkbox for notify customer and one for notify admin. I checked the settings in the COMO app and ensured the "disable email" was not active.

I do not have the "send email to admin" option mentioned above in my Settings>Store>Options>Checkout; there are no email settings in this tab in my installation. I do have send mail on event settings in the Mail tab and they are checked.

Also note: I don't have any variables filled in my MAIL tab, the top box is set to MAIL, not SMTP and the second box has my admin email in it but the rest of the SMTP related boxes are empty. My shop is sending emails to customers correctly yet not sending to my admin email account.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
In the admin - > extensions - > events page, do you see 30x events listed?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markcm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:37 am

In the admin - > extensions - > events page, do you see 30x events listed?
Hello Straightlight, thanks for your time. Yes there are 88 events listed.

In the past, I had similar admin order email issues on Godaddy with my oscommerce and oscmax installations. Godaddy always says it is the cart software when I call support although I've had some luck in the past by changing the subject line of the order email. I was originally on PHP 5.6, then php7.1, and then tried 7.0; no changes

In this case, I called godaddy last night and they "assured" me that no email is being filtered or blocked. My shop is sending emails to the customer but no emails at all to the admin (orders, updates, contact us). My shop is new although I've already installed several extensions for order editing. This live installation has SSL enabled. I also tried changing the admin contact email to my private gmail address but that did not work either. I assume the shop is live, in extensions under Themes I can see my shop and it is "enabled"

Next I did a clean installation on godaddy of 3.0.2.0 with a new database and all. The only modification I've done to this installation is setting up the admin email and making a test order and test contact_us. SSL is not enabled. The same result, no email sent to admin.

This issue of emails not sending to admin is the only hang up I'm aware of, my site is live (www.e-lectronics.net) as well as my clean test installation (www.e-lectronics.net/oc2

I have error logging turned on, here's the past few days (I do have a time sync extension installed) and I did try using SMTP which threw a visible error on the catalog side and is seen in the error log as well.

Code: Select all

[20-Jul-2018 10:31:41 America/New_York] [20-Jul-2018 10:31:41 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[20-Jul-2018 10:45:08 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[20-Jul-2018 11:31:32 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[20-Jul-2018 13:43:34 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[20-Jul-2018 15:58:39 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[20-Jul-2018 16:23:16 America/New_York] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php on line 296
[23-Jul-2018 01:26:00 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error: Connection timed out (110) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php:90
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail.php(142): Mail\Smtp->send()
#1 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/storagexxxxxxxx/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(425): Mail->send()
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/storagexxxxxxxx/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(46): ControllerMailOrder->edit(Array, '1', 'trying smtp in ...', '1')
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storagexxxxxxxx_modification_system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerMailOrder->index('checkout/order/...', Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/engine/event.php(62): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array)
#5 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storagexxxxxxxx_modification_system_engine_loader.php(232): Event->trigger('model/checkout/...', Array)
#6 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/engine/proxy.p in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 90
[23-Jul-2018 01:36:07 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error: Connection refused (111) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php:90
Stack trace:
#1 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/storagexxxxxxxx/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(425): Mail->send()
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/storagexxxxxxxx/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(46): ControllerMailOrder->edit(Array, '1', 'This is a Comme...', 1)
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storagexxxxxxxx_modification_system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerMailOrder->index('checkout/order/...', Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/engine/event.php(62): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array)
#5 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_storagexxxxxxxx_modification_system_engine_loader.php(232): Event->trigger('model/checkout/...', Array)
#6 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php(4 in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 90
[23-Jul-2018 01:53:20 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error: Connection timed out (110) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php:90
Stack trace:
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/storagexxxxxxxx/modification/catalog/controller/mail/order.php(46): ControllerMailOrder->edit(Array, '1', 'smtp is on, doe...', 1)
#6 /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/engine/proxy.php in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 90
I'm a rookie with some self study and a fair amount of editing work in PHP; I could poke around in the contact us php but I really wouldn't know what I'm looking for or what to try.

Admin emails were sending on my old oscmax installation last week before I went live with this OC 3.0.2.0

I'd be open to paying someone a courtesy fee if they'd be willing to login and take a look at either my live or 2nd test installation

On a semi-related note, I am subscribed to email updates on a few threads such as this one and... I do not receive order emails.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 am

PM sent.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markcm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:08 am

I figured as much, which led to setting up the second clean site for testing.

After much more "testing", my admin emails are sending now in both the live site with extensions and the clean test site.

The change that seems to have made it work is removing my admin email from the 'Mail Parameters" field in the Systems>Stores>Settings>Mail Tab. I put an alternate email in there which is also hosted from my godaddy (another ...@e-lectronics dot net) address. Nothing seems to be sending to this other email but I put my primary store email in the "Additional Alert Mail" field at the bottom of the page. I had tried using the Additional Alert before but also had my primary email in the Mail Parameters field.

This email set up has proven quite difficult for me to understand; at least for now it appears it is working. Thanks for you suggestions!

PS- I still don't get OC forum post email alerts

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:14 am

PS- I still don't get OC forum post email alerts
Beside the Post Reply button on the top-left side of the page, click on the hammer tool button, click on: subscribe to topic. This will remove notification for this topic on your forum account.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by markcm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 am

Hi straightlight,

I would actually like to receive notification for this, and other threads here. I am currently subscribed to this thread and a few others although I do not receive email alerts when new posts are added. I looked in my profile and do not see any settings that would be preventing alerts.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:54 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by markcm » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am

Thank you, I hadnt found those options yet.

Post by sajuk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Same problem as above, i can not find in the "Option" tab. "New Order Alert Mail" - it is simply not there..!

However there is an option checkbox under the "Mail tab" Mail Alerts > "orders" which is checked but still the problem is there.

Oc 3.0.2.0 Not getting any new order notification emails, from admin also not getting any payment confirmation emails from paypal or sagepay..

New orders are listing in the admin,

anyone have or had a similar issue, with a fix.

Thanks
saj

Post by Gigix » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:23 pm

I also have a problem with mails related to orders. The emails sent directly to a user work, so it is not a problem of setting the email. The site has been updated from a version 2 to 3.0.3.2. I tried to do a fresh installation of opencart and then dump the database of the non-functioning site, and even here the emails have stopped working so the problem comes from some table in the database, but I can't understand which one.

Post by letxobnav » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:08 am

I tried to do a fresh installation of opencart and then dump the database of the non-functioning site
I beg your pardon?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Gigix » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:19 am

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:08 am
I tried to do a fresh installation of opencart and then dump the database of the non-functioning site
I beg your pardon?
I tried to load the database of the site where the sending of the emails does not work on a new installation of opencart. And the result is that even on the new installation the sending of the email does not work.

Post by letxobnav » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 am

and that surprises you?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Gigix » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 am
and that surprises you?
Because I thought the problem was due to some external module, instead I don't understand what can be in the tables that prevents the sending of emails.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:51 am

You have checked to see if are all Events? Extensions->Events > 45

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Gigix » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:17 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:51 am
You have checked to see if are all Events? Extensions->Events > 45
Great. Some extensions were missing from the table. Thank you very much.