Post by onefish » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi, I am still developing a store for my wife (noob + spare time only = SLOW). I am using the default theme on Opencart 3.0.2.0 with some minor mods to CSS and a few twig files. I have 2 questions and was hoping someone might be able to help:

Q1. I have setup Square payment gateway in the default extension pre-bundled with Opencart. On the "My Account" page of the front end there is a title "Manage Stored Credit Cards" and under that a link "Square Credit Cards". I know how to remove the title and link from the page but before I do, I was hoping someone could explain to me what this actually is? I mean does this mean that peoples credit card details are stored in Opencart or the Square payment gateway extension (vary bad)? Or are credit card details stored with Square directly and somehow linked here? I don't think I want to store anyone's credit card details anywhere. If I remove the title and link here is there other areas that need to be modified to ensure people cannot select to save credit card details?

Q2. Is anybody able to show examples of a better layout for the My Account page? I have looked through the 6 or so extensions available through the Admin>Extensions>Marketplace and they all seem to make, what I believe to be a error. They all simply duplicate the side bar links, albeit usually in a more graphical fashion. It just seems wrong to me to have duplicate links on the same page (which is what the default layout does).

Thanks!

Post by onefish » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:26 am

--BUMP--

Just bumping this as I don't know where else to find an answer to Q1? Does anybody know what is actually happening with stored credit cards? Where are they stored and can it be disabled?

Post by 4elements » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:15 am

---BUMP---

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:01 am

4elements wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:15 am
---BUMP---
OC version. Lack.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:08 am

onefish wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:49 pm
Q1. I have setup Square payment gateway in the default extension pre-bundled with Opencart. On the "My Account" page of the front end there is a title "Manage Stored Credit Cards" and under that a link "Square Credit Cards". I know how to remove the title and link from the page but before I do, I was hoping someone could explain to me what this actually is? I mean does this mean that peoples credit card details are stored in Opencart or the Square payment gateway extension (vary bad)? Or are credit card details stored with Square directly and somehow linked here? I don't think I want to store anyone's credit card details anywhere. If I remove the title and link here is there other areas that need to be modified to ensure people cannot select to save credit card details?

Thanks!
As I understand it the card details are kept with Squares site and you can't change much about that.
That would be a question for the folks at square.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member