Post by huntleybill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 am

Setting up my new site and wish to replace the background on the top of the page (under the logo) to an image. Basically change the white to a .jpg file of the ocean. I believe that would go in a .css file (???) but don't know what to change and where?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you
Bill
Last edited by huntleybill on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 am

catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/stylesheet/stylesheet.css file.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by huntleybill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am

Thank you for the info. Can you explain the steps on how to do this? I have my image, I have it saved as a .jpg, I have put it in the images folder, but what line in the .css file do i change and to what do I change it to? BTW, I am using the default theme in V:3.0.

Post by fadichmn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

huntleybill wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am
Thank you for the info. Can you explain the steps on how to do this? I have my image, I have it saved as a .jpg, I have put it in the images folder, but what line in the .css file do i change and to what do I change it to? BTW, I am using the default theme in V:3.0.
body {
Background: url('put your image url inside here');
}

You can learn more about css backgrounds here: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Post by huntleybill » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

I am somewhat confused.
First, let me explain what I did. I went to the .css file as instructed. I downloaded it to my desktop. I then opened it in Notepad++ and there is one line of text/code. It is about 3 miles long. So I went to "view" and set Notepad ++ to "word wrap" and now I have one big paragraph.
Within that paragraph is a bunch of references to "background" color. In fact, I did a search for "background" and notepad came up with 60 hits! I do not know which one to change.

It looks to me (and I could be wrong) that these background colors would change the background of the whole webpage. That is NOT what I want to do. I would like my image file to cover the top 2-3 inches of the page (well all the pages actually.) and leave the rest of the page white as it is now.
So, what "background" EXACTLY should I change. I wish this file had line numbers. It would be much easier to read.
Thank you for your time and patience with me.
Bill