Post by assbach » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 pm

Hey there,
I hope that someone can help, since i can't get this issue solved. All (successfull) paypal orders are marked as cancelled and thus admins are not being informed. I'm using the paypal standard extension and have seen that several other users are having the same problem but no solution has been posted as of yet. The orders can be found when you filter with nonfinished order, but admins are not being informed.
So, is there a way to either solve this paypal issue OR to send admins alter mails for cancelled orders too?
Any help is being appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Sascha

Location - Germany

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:23 pm

That is the issue with PayPal Standard IPN edition. It can only process order statuses while an order takes effect. Afterwards, it is up to the merchant's responsibility to handle the order on their PayPal account since the orders are not logged. However, with the PayPal Express Checkout, the order statuses can be handled via the PayPal NVP API which ease the implementation and the feasibility of notification over email regarding any changed order statuses taking effect at that particular time with a cron task based on the date of the order being created.

In other words, a very practical way to automatically notify the merchant over email from their store. In addition, the PayPal Express Checkout should also notify automatically over email whenever there's an order status change to the merchant.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by assbach » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Just seeing this now, thank you very much!
Do i understand correctly, that we should use the "PayPal Express Checkout" Extension rather than the Standard Extension?
My problem is, i do not have access to the paypal account. Just trying to help friends set up their store.
Is there a general "how-to" on this topic?

straightlight wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:23 pm
That is the issue with PayPal Standard IPN edition. It can only process order statuses while an order takes effect. Afterwards, it is up to the merchant's responsibility to handle the order on their PayPal account since the orders are not logged. However, with the PayPal Express Checkout, the order statuses can be handled via the PayPal NVP API which ease the implementation and the feasibility of notification over email regarding any changed order statuses taking effect at that particular time with a cron task based on the date of the order being created.

In other words, a very practical way to automatically notify the merchant over email from their store. In addition, the PayPal Express Checkout should also notify automatically over email whenever there's an order status change to the merchant.

Location - Germany