Post by Radioguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Hello all,

I am a long time Opencart user. Thanks for all the great work.
After the recent upgrade to 3.0 we started experiencing Customer registration Spam. Mostly Russian addresses.
I get about 50 every day. There doesn't seem to be anything else going on, just the registration. We tried Captcha and RE-Captcha and doesn't even slow them down. The IP's are all different. I searched the forums here and can't seem to find anything recent. I would be grateful if someone has a solution to this. I am afraid something sinister may happen and frankly its annoying deleting all of those registrations every few days.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

While Captcha and Re-Captcha is being used for decoration purposes on any platform, simply use the CSRF Form Protection extension to enforce HTML form protections on your site: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=4773 . You can be ensured this will definitely stop the spamming on your site.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by divanova » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi Radioguy,
I have the same problem. Recently my website got flooded with fake registrations. The customers names are one and the same (James Kelvin), but the IPs are all different. Did you find any solution?
Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:10 am

A solution is posted ... right above ...

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by frank79 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Radioguy,
The problem you reported is not related to Opencart 3, it affects Oc 1.5, Oc, 2, wordpress and joomla sites and the issue is exactly as you described in all the platforms.
There are new spambots capable of solving traditional alphanumeric captchas so I wrote an extension 5 years ago to block also this kind of spam, link here:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13097

Smart Antispam Shield is completely invisible to users and it provides several levels of protections (client side and server side).

I released an update just three days ago and according to some webmasters that installed it, the basic protection is already enough to block spam.
Hope it helps!

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Latest release of CSRF Protection Form has been released. Tested by a forum user and confirmed the latest release no longer floods registration. No packages required, totally FREE! - no discounts necessary either: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=4773

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by exit15 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:10 am

Is there something in this thread that is not blatant promotion of commercial extensions? And someone just raised a price from $20 to $49 and then offered a "discount" of $15. Ingenious!!

Anyway - thanks Straightlight. Can i make this work for 1.5.6.4??

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:09 am

It has been proven to work with v1.5x releases as well. Although, due to the old ways of using the site compression level compared to the more recent releases of Opencart, no promises can be delivered at this point. At least, it doesn't affect anything when the process fails to output on the view source. If you do not wish to pay the $15.00 fee for the re-captcha module, I would then suggest to try the recaptcha module from the core in your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > captcha page.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DIHI » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:09 am
It has been proven to work with v1.5x releases as well. Although, due to the old ways of using the site compression level compared to the more recent releases of Opencart, no promises can be delivered at this point. At least, it doesn't affect anything when the process fails to output on the view source. If you do not wish to pay the $15.00 fee for the re-captcha module, I would then suggest to try the recaptcha module from the core in your admin - > extensions - > extensions - > captcha page.
I am having the same problem as the people above, flooded with spam registration daily, the recaptcha you mention within the admin panel, it is there and I can select where I want it to be activated but in the drop down box where you select which captcha to use there is nothing, literall, as all it says is

--- None ---

Any ideas?

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Inquiry mentioned as the same problem but no OC version posted and without screenshot.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON