Post by brandblusser » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello,
This is my first post here and I'm very new to all of this, still testing if everything works allright, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I tried to find a solution to my problem in this forum and in the Github bug list. I don't know if it's related to the https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/6115 [v3.0.2.0 - Fix] - Email events #6115

I'm using version 3.0.2.0 and I'm using the PHP mail function. I receive normal mail confirmation re orders. The client receives those confirmations as well. Any update on the order status (through the admin panel - checkbox ticked) is received by the client as well. So is anything sent through the contact form. So I presume the PHP mail function is doing it's job.
However the client does not receive any updates on the status regarding the return request. Admin does not receive mail on return requests as well (should he?)
I can't find any error in the error log of OC nor in the server logs.

I had a look in PHPmyAdmin and noticed, referring to the bug listed above, that the event table is called oc_event. I have little to no knowlegde of MySql so I hesitate to make any changes in there without knowing what I'm doing.

Could my problem be related to this bug or is it something else. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:59 am

Truncate the event table in your PHPMyAdmin's Opencart database and re-insert the values from the Opencart ZIP file: install/opencart.sql starting with the insert into oc_event until the end of that big paragraph. Paste it in your SQL tab of your PHPMyAdmin.

This should rectify the issue. This problem is not only caused by reserved words of the field and database table field names but also for the sort_order field not having a default value of 0 in the structure tab of PHPMyAdmin.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by brandblusser » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks Straightlight,
I'll try and get some help on this from a friend because I'm relectant on this as I don't have any experience in working in PHPMyAdmin and Mysql.

Post by brandblusser » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 pm

Isenselabs has a fix for this problem now. Works like a charm!
https://isenselabs.com/posts/how-to-fix ... -2200-3020