Post by jackquake68 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm

During checkout process, customer is requested to login, but they have forgotten their password. Clicking on Forgotten Password link takes them to new form to enter their email address and click continue. However, they never get an email to reset their password.

Is this a bug or is there a permission somewhere that requires this? I've looked all over the settings in the store, but cannot find anything regarding this.

Thank You in Advance,
JQ

Opencart Version: 3.0.2.0
ErrorLog: Nothing in log
Mail Settings: SMTP configured using SSL. Tested and works fine with Contact Form.

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 pm

This issue might be related with the event table on your database. Truncate the event table and reinsert the values that can be found in your install/opencart.sql file of the downloaded ZIP file from opencart.com or github opencart. Then, clear all caches from the Opencart admin-end. Then, try again with the email. Also check the access logs, not the error logs specifically for email activities. The access logs is usually located on your root FTP in your logs/access_log file or on your host console in the logs icon - check for the most recent date and time of those email activities.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bimo_oke » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 pm
This issue might be related with the event table on your database. Truncate the event table and reinsert the values that can be found in your install/opencart.sql file of the downloaded ZIP file from opencart.com or github opencart. Then, clear all caches from the Opencart admin-end. Then, try again with the email. Also check the access logs, not the error logs specifically for email activities. The access logs is usually located on your root FTP in your logs/access_log file or on your host console in the logs icon - check for the most recent date and time of those email activities.
Sorry you method is not working too, i think this is a bug from opencart (new bug on OC 3), because i search on another thread to try change lines on many files, but it for OC 2.x.x bug, and the fixed code are implemented on OC 3, but now i still can't get reset password link via email.