Post by jackquake68 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 am

Using OpenCart v3.0.2.0. Brand new install.
In Mail configuration, using SMTP/SSL setting for mail. Tested with Contact form and it works.

However, when Checking out, then Clicking Forgotten Password link in the Returning Customer block, then specifying the email of the account needing password recovered, no email was ever received.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I have missed a setting somewhere to enable the "Forgotten Password" function. Help is appreciated.

Thank You in Advance,
JQ

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Truncate your event table on the database. Then, reinsert the values from PHPMyAdmin by copying the event content from your install/opencart.sql file. Then, clear all caches from the admin-end of Opencart. This should rectify the issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jackquake68 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 am

First off, thank you for your reply. I should have stated that this was a brand new install (not an upgrade). In reviewing your advice, I compared the rows in the table with the sql insert and they were identical. However, for the sake of overlooking something, I trunc'd the event table and re-inserted the data. However, it still didn't work.

Again, the contact form works OK, so not sure why this one isn't.

Thanks again!
JQ

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:58 am

Clear all caches after truncating and re-inserting the event values in the database.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jackquake68 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:54 am

OK, so I cleared the cache (I think). Here is what I did:

1) Logged into Admin
2) Clicked Gear Icon in upper right corner.
3) Clicked the Red Cache Off and Refresh on each of the 2 selections available (SASS and Theme)

Then FTP'd into admin/storage/cache folder and deleted everything in that folder except index.html. On a side note, it is odd that this folder even exists here since I moved it outside of the cart installation folder during initial installation. Is it possible that this was created during a multi-store add-on?

Anyways, it still does the same thing--no email is received. I have verified that an account indeed does exist with that email address. Here is how I am testing:

1) open the cart with the url that contains the correct store (this is a multi-store)
2) Go to account --> login
3) Type in email address associated with the account
4) Open cart replies: "An email with a confirmation link has been sent your email address."

That's all--I never receive an email on the account. The one I'm testing is my own.

Anything else I can try?

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 am

Then FTP'd into admin/storage/cache folder and deleted everything in that folder except index.html. On a side note, it is odd that this folder even exists here since I moved it outside of the cart installation folder during initial installation.
Then, the problem is there. Yes, the storage folder does need to be outside the Opencart environment.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON