Post by mareksafranek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 am

How to make a display, appear, customer group on customer's logged in their home page?
Version 3.0.2.0
I want to make that when my customer logs in just display their group on next to their name.

Thus my customer can check and see their group(level) any time on website.

Please help.

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:41 am

In catalog/controller/common/header.php file,

find:

Code: Select all

$data['text_logged'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_logged'), $this->url->link('account/account', '', true), $this->customer->getFirstName(), $this->url->link('account/logout', '', true));
add above:

$this->load->model('account/customer_group');

$customer_group = $this->model_account_customer_group->getCustomerGroup($this->config->get('config_customer_group_id'));
Then, replace:

$data['text_logged'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_logged'), $this->url->link('account/account', '', true), $this->customer->getFirstName(), $this->url->link('account/logout', '', true));
with:

$data['text_logged'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_logged'), $this->url->link('account/account', '', true), $this->customer->getFirstName(), html_entity_decode($customer_group['name'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), $this->url->link('account/logout', '', true));
Then. in your catalog/language/en-gb/common/header.php file, since the definition cannot be found anywhere in the platform nor on the Github master files, as this issue may be a bug, add the following at the bottom of the file:

$_['text_logged'] = '<a href="%s">Welcome %s</a> (Group: %s) <a href="%s">Logout</a>';
This should resolved the problem.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON