Post by markz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 am

I'd like to build a website offline but am a bit stuck.
I've downloaded xammp and opencart v3.0.2.0 and have installed oc into xammp, but am not sure how to make and connect the database.
I'm following an outdated set of instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ta0G0omKn8 and my interface at localhost/phpmyadmin/ is nothing like the one shown in the video. Any help would be much appreciated!

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by yodapt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:55 pm

By default, you dont need anything in particular to connect to mysql, just use "root" as user and no password.

To create a database, just go to phpmyadmin and add a new database (top menu > databases > create database)

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by markz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Okay, got that part and am one step closer but just bumped into the following errors during configuration.

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in C:\xampp\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280

v.3.0.2.0
-------------
also v.1.5.6
with vqmod 2.5.1

Post by yodapt » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:00 am

use "root" instead of "username"

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com