Post by goalsurfer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello,

After a new installation of 3.0.2.0 and logging into the admin area I get a popup asking to move my storage directory. The popup also gives a series of possibilities of where to move this directory to which all give an error. Indeed in Coreftp, you can only see "/domain.com" or /subdomain.domain.com and can't go further back than the slash before both. Also in my file manager, I can't go further back than the domains and subdomains.

I left it without moving and now get an error without seeing anything of the page I'm on. (See attachment)

Can I still get out of this error, please?

Attachments

screenshot.jpg

screenshot.jpg (372.2 KiB) Viewed 8906 times

Post by goalsurfer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Meanwhile, I repeated the installation and am working without trying to move.

Can I go on this way, please? What are the risks? Or does it come from a former installation where I tried to use a free theme?

Post by sanshay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Just copy the storage file outside the public_html, not in the root section. and chmod to 755 or 777
Set both config.php to 777 (chmod) and run the automatic.
After that is done, delete the old storage in the public_html/system/storage

That should work. for me it does.

Regards

Post by kj222 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:30 am

After initial installation of oc 3.0.2.0 and logging into the Admin panel I get this popup about security issue. On my server, which is through hostgator, I just clicked on 'Automatic' button (i believe that is what the button is labeled) and it moved the Storage folder, and the 7 subfolders, upstream of the public_html or www folder. The Storage and sub folders are under Admin folder right after initial installation.

The storage subfolders are: cache, download, logs, modification, session, upload, vendor

NOTE: If you are creating multiple websites on the same server you must make each 'storage' folder name unique. Eg. 'storage-shirts' or 'storage-soaps'. Just change the name before clicking on the button and letting the system move the folders.

Post by garygajesjr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:43 am

I did this and move the storage outside, but I encountering error in uploading photos, using google chrome the gui is messing up while in mozilla firefox it runs without any error, anyone encountered this?