Post by tjonnyc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am

Can we PLEASE change the search parameters for this forum?
Trying to look for any threads that have to do with editing the product page - get the following message: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: page product. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Really? Pray tell, what esoteric search terms should I use if I want to find the threads about editing the PAGE for the PRODUCT?

Seriously... admins, please fix it.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Well, the OC Search wasn't worth much before the OC Site Upgrade, but then, the
Extensions Pages still carried their TAGS, and so, one had a good chance, to find similar
things. But that's all snow from yesteryear, and after the Upgrade, about half of everything
did not even work anymore. And for the past Months, I have not seen anything else, still faulty
or missing, getting fixed. (some similarities with OC seem to exist! :laugh: )

I now always have to log in at least twice, and get suddenly logged out once in a while again.
Even creating a FOO requires the full step to be repeated, or then, it's just ignored. Just to
mention two frequent misses, not to speak about uncounted links on Sites and Forums to the
OC Extension Seller-Pages, all leading to nowhere anymore.

It's just too much work, for a one Man Show, to get it all done, I assume. The Project itself
is much more than a full-time Job. And if others exist, they either don't know, or then don't care
about. Or worse, they fear, to only waste the masters time, and mood, with minor details like
that.

But good things always take a while. So better take, what you get, and use our Friend Google,
instead of the OC-Search, then you even find all the 'out-Site' -Knowledge, wich is partly more
informative than Info found in this place.

By the way, I just found out tonight, that one just added a 1 before opencart.com, to
hopefully be found easy, if someone looks for cheapies. And from this point of view, I could at
least understand, that/why enthusiam is hard to keep up, in any Business, and after a while,
steady beeing confronted with the daily reality.

But that's also not our Problem. At least, as long as we don't have to pay for OC! :D
It's still a great Software, and it pleases me more, day by day, probably the main reason,
I am still around, and still greatful, to have found it.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by kestas » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi, for example in marketplace search engine on mobile devices does not work at all...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by OpenCart_Support » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Are you referring to the Marketplace within 3.0+ shops or the website marketplace exclusively?

If the latter, this isn't the place to offer feedback.

- OpenCart Community Cheerleader -

Administrator

Location - OpenCart UK Office

Post by Johnathan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm

The original poster is referring to the forum search. phpBB has a "feature" where it excludes terms if they are too common, which is what he's talking about. I agree that it's pretty annoying, and the way around it is to use Google for the search. Just prefix your search with:

site:forum.opencart.com

and it works just fine.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 am

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 pm
The original poster is referring to the forum search. phpBB has a "feature" where it excludes terms if they are too common, which is what he's talking about. I agree that it's pretty annoying, and the way around it is to use Google for the search. Just prefix your search with:

site:forum.opencart.com

and it works just fine.
But you can actually disable the common word threshold in phpBB forums, which would help as it is annoying sometimes when trying to search for stuff

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Yes, I totally agree. Hopefully someone on the OpenCart staff will agree and make that change, but in case they don't, I was just giving a work-around for tjonnyc. (Google search used to be an option in the forum search, even, after Qphoria added it ages ago. :) It was removed when the forum was redesigned, unfortunately.)

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 am

Yea the "too common" thing is a phpbb issue and I remember arguing on their forum about this with them about 6 years ago and they pretty much said yea it sucks but its how we are going to keep it. That is when I added the site search thing but like you said it was lost during the redesign.

Administrator