Post by hoodleehoo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:52 am

For a temporary fix I need to change the url that the links in the navbar (the "categories") at the top of the page are hyperlinked to. I need to send them to another page and not the page they are normally linked to.

How can I do this? I can't find in the files anywhere where this occurs. Please help! And why can't I reply to my own questions in this forum? I'm sure I'll need to make clarifications to this topic!!!

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:22 am

Rather use the site maintenance mode from the admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings - > server tab. From the admin - > site header dropdown - > your store, you can still access your store while your customer may not. If you are looking for page maintenance, this feature does not exist in the core still at this time. You may want to look for an extension in the marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Pelham81 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

It depends.

What is the purpose of this alternate linking? Do you still want your site to be functional and take orders (or be navigated) in some capacity, or are you just using your current OpenCart installation as a landing page for the time being while links go to some other server/site?

Not enough information to really point you in a decent enough direction as the intention is too vague.

The way the links are pulled up and populated into OC's nav bar has to do with the php controller file for the header. Something I don't recommend you touch anyhow based on how your question was formulated.

For example, I personally hate OC's nav menu and functionality, and I quite frankly just use a custom menu where I have manually inputted links since I don't sell a lot of things. The only two things I had to do was alter the header.twig page (to include the custom code for my menu and directly input in my links) along with the stylesheet.css file to stylize it as I saw fit. Just make sure you save backup copies of these two files. This way, it's not like you're tampering with OC's core functionality doing this anyhow.