Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 pm

As you can see, the total_voucher_status value is set to 1. Which means, the extension is not disabled nor uninstalled. Which is why, you are still seeing the gift voucher on your store as being active. If for any reason from the admin-end you are encountering issues on either deactivating or uninstalling the extension, simply set the value to 0 from the results you demonstrated and this should definitely resolve the problem. If so, further troubleshooting of that admin module might be needed in order to see how this problem has started in the first place and if on Github those files haven't been updated yet.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kestas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi,
I think you will find an answer here:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=198804

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 pm

I was about to post that. Although, this fix is for the catalog-end side. This user also reports issue on the admin-end side for disabling the module.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kestas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 pm
I was about to post that. Although, this fix is for the catalog-end side. This user also reports issue on the admin-end side for disabling the module.
I think the main question was how to remove gift woucher title from shoping cart. So he have trired to disable this extension to remove this title. Even he place some screnshot to show the problem. Ok, you are right like always, this issue help to find another one...

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by mrblond » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 am

I applied the suggested code to the cart.php and the title of the cart was restored.
Then, I tried again to disable the gift voucher in Order Totals and again the system didn't accept it and it stay enabled.
I uninstalled it and this reflected immediately in phpMyAdmin: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i147/ ... ejigje.jpg
But anyway, the Gift Certificate bar still stood in the cart under the Estimate Shipping bar.
Now, I'm going to edit this "1" directly in phpMyAdmin.

Post by mrblond » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 am

Success! I changed 1 to 0 in the oc_setting table in phpMyAdmin. The Gift Certificate bar disappeared from the shopping cart. :)
It was reflected also in the admin panel Order Totals where now the status field shows "Disabled".
Thanks for helping me.

To finish the entire task, I think the remaining text in the Shopping cart should be removed:
"What would you like to do next?
Choose if you have a discount code or reward points you want to use or would like to estimate your delivery cost.
"
How to execute this?

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:22 am

No problem. Although, please create a new topic for these new requests.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tdmstudios » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:18 am

Hi, I disabled everything and it all works fine. But please can anyone help me on how I can change the text from "Shopping Cart (00.0kg)" to just "Shopping Cart"?

Post by neerajbhat » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:58 pm

In phpmyadmin find the table oc_setting and search under "code" column "voucher" and "total_voucher_status" under "key" column, update value 1 to 0.
I hope this will help you.

Post by GWShop » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm

I have version Version 3.0.3.7 .

Can I disable the "Use GIft Certificate" without getting into all this code edit? Can this be done in the new Opencart version?

This menu is confusing my users (including me as well) when it comes to the "Use Coupon Code" menu. We click on the Gift Certificate.

Thank you.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:01 pm

GWShop wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:27 pm
I have version Version 3.0.3.7 .

Can I disable the "Use GIft Certificate" without getting into all this code edit? Can this be done in the new Opencart version?

This menu is confusing my users (including me as well) when it comes to the "Use Coupon Code" menu. We click on the Gift Certificate.

Thank you.
Go to Extensions -> Extensions -> Order Totals (from drop down), then edit Gift Voucher Total. Set to disable and save.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom