Post by TechWizard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 pm

I upgraded from version 2.x and I'm having problems with the theme editor showing as blank. I'm also unable to save the settings on the free checkout module, it will allow me to save sort order, but doesn't retain the order status. I don't know whether this is related, but everything else appears to be working as intended. I have upgraded 4 other OpenCart installations over the past week from the same version on the same server, this modification worked, and the Theme Editors show correctly. The strange thing is, I even cloned this site post upgrade, and the clone works fine! So, I don't think this is an upgrade related issue, I must have accidentally changed something, I just can't work out what.

I only noticed that there was a problem because I was trying to apply a modification to send a copy of the customer order email to admin, and this didn't work. I'm wondering whether something has happened in the database related to the extensions? I have checked the config files and they appear to be ok, permissions appear to be ok. Nothing in the logs. I do have a backup post upgrade, so I'm going to upload this to a test environment and see if I can find any differences in the database... I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction,

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

190207-Theme-Editor-Issue.png

Theme editor blank - 190207-Theme-Editor-Issue.png (36.21 KiB) Viewed 422 times


Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am

Post by TechWizard » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:58 am

For anyone else facing similar issues, the problem wasn't to do with the database, it was the folder structure. Presumably some sort of rogue permission somewhere. I created a new folder on the web server, installed a fresh version 3.0.3.1 and migrated the database over, problem solved!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Glad to hear you got it to work now.
However, in general, using the theme editor is a bad idea, as it will clash with OCmod/VQmod modifications for the same template files. I posted a fix for this on github, but Daniel hasn't picked it up yet.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests