Post by davidbfranks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 am

I'm currently on 1.5.6.4 and looking to upgrade.

Am I better off waiting a few months for the 3.1 release or just upgrading now to 3.0.2.0 in its current state.

My concern is, there are so many bug reports here, and will be very tiresome going through each and every thread trying to patch things manually.

Would be helpful for an official confirmed bug list for 3.0.2.0, with links to fixes for each bug, so we can see what's worth patching and what's not.

Location - London

Post by Dreamvention » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi

the best way is to start with 3.0.2.0 and wait for 3.1 to mature as well. Plus it has a breaking point for all current extensions - bootstrap 4. so you will have to wait for all the developers to catch up as well.

Many OpenCart users struggle to find quality extensions. We know how frustrating the need to fix the shop is just because of one poorly coded extension. We created quality OpenCart Extensions, tested by real developers and provide professional support.

AJAX QUICK CHECKOUT - #1 one-page checkout solution
VISUAL DESIGNER - Page builder for Opencart
View more extensions here

Tested by Shopunity.net

Administrator

Location - Europe

Post by davidbfranks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Dreamvention wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 pm
Hi

the best way is to start with 3.0.2.0 and wait for 3.1 to mature as well. Plus it has a breaking point for all current extensions - bootstrap 4. so you will have to wait for all the developers to catch up as well.
Thanks! What about all the existing bugs, anything major here I need to patch?

Location - London

Post by rmullaney77 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:07 am

I suggest waiting for 3.1. There were quite a few issues in 3.x (see here and here). Would be prudent to wait for next official release ;)

PS: Never jump on the first release of a major version number :P

--------------------------------------------------
My BlogMy ExtensionsOpenCart Templates

Location - Tampa, Florida