Post by generalreiss » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Every time I try to access the modification page I get HTTP ERROR 500. How can I fix this please.

Post by Johnathan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 pm

One of your ocMods is probably causing this, or a conflict between two you have installed. To access the page, try renaming the /storage/modification/admin/ directory something like "admin_" (not quotes) which will disable all admin-side mods. Then, you can disable all the ocMods in Extensions > Modifications, and start re-enabling them one-by-one until you find the one causing the issue.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by generalreiss » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 am

Thank you. It worked. But now experiencing the same problem with my registering page. [index.php?route=account/register]

Post by Johnathan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Internal Server 500 errors are hard to diagnose, because they're actually caused by some other error. Try adding these lines to the top of your index.php and admin/index.php files, right after the <?php line:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

That will hopefully output the actual error instead of the 500 error message, and you can then diagnose it from there. It's almost definitely due to a mod you have installed, so I'd try disabling those until you can figure out which one is causing it.

Administrator

Post by wowliving » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 pm
One of your ocMods is probably causing this, or a conflict between two you have installed. To access the page, try renaming the /storage/modification/admin/ directory something like "admin_" (not quotes) which will disable all admin-side mods. Then, you can disable all the ocMods in Extensions > Modifications, and start re-enabling them one-by-one until you find the one causing the issue.
Your suggestion worked, thank you so much!

Post by Johnathan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Glad I could help 8)

Administrator

Post by Joe1234 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm

I'm having this same issue. I've renamed the storage admin and I still get the 500 error, I've edited the php as described and when I do that the page is just blank with no 500 error.

This happened after I disabled a mod, and was doing some editing to it. I've also uninstalled that mod after the error started happening. I've gone in the database and changed all modifications to 0 to disable everything. Nothing has helped so far.

What else can I do?

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm
This happened after I disabled a mod

What else can I do?
Because the mod name is secret, try to contact mod developer.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:27 pm
I'm having this same issue. I've renamed the storage admin and I still get the 500 error, I've edited the php as described and when I do that the page is just blank with no 500 error.

This happened after I disabled a mod, and was doing some editing to it. I've also uninstalled that mod after the error started happening. I've gone in the database and changed all modifications to 0 to disable everything. Nothing has helped so far.

What else can I do?
Your is most likely a different issue! Please start a separate forum thread and provide some more details if you want some help.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by by mona » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:56 pm

and in addition to the above ..

just as an obvious thing you have failed to describe in your methodology - did you refresh your cache after disabling the modification?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member