Post by oc4Ever » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 pm

My first days with opencart have been a bit of a bumpy ride, both on a hosted solution and when installing on my vps. Most prominently, I can't seem to be able to install any extensions/modules/themes:
- the marketplace API credentials are not stored and the market place shows empty
- the extension installer doesn't seem to work: while displaying a success message after upload/installing an extension, nothing ever happens - the 'modification' list doesn't show anything nor are any modules added to Extensions->Extensions.
- when uploading theme extensions via ftp (overwriting the folders admin/systems/catalogue/images), after several logins and storage/cache deletions, some addon might randomly show up in Extensions->Extensions but can't be activated and usually produces some error message (eg a php warning for some missing file in storage/cache or system/library/cache for themes).
Skimming this forum, I found above outlined behaviour to be a common issue with my Opencart Version 3.0.2.0, while there doesn't seem to be a single accepted solution/answer. Some suggest modifying the source code, some point to cache issues, some refer to folder permission issues. None of them worked for me and I wonder how to investigate this further.
Following meticulously the standard installation procedures for such an established eCommerce platform, how can there not be a central, clear and working bug fix to such a seemingly common pitfall? What is the silver bullet here? Any suggestions welcome!

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 am

Well, for an installation, consisting out of:
admin/systems/catalogue/images
and/or:
extensions/modules/themes
there is no Solution, so, the "outlined behaviour", as you call it,
does not come from OC, but rather from someone, just unaware of,
what one's is doing. But if you are not able to install OC the right way,
you better get a Pro, to do it for you.
Good Luck, nothing personal ! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland