Post by soliniak » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello,

After installing new theme I was trying to change footer's TWIG in Theme Editor, which result failure.
I've noticed that in Theme Editor TWIG's code is being loaded from default path instead of my theme path.

Is this a known error? I couldn't find anything in google or forum.
How to fix this?

Regards!

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 am

No OC version posted.
which result failure.
No detailed explanation provided based on this failure. Ensure to clear your admin dashboard cache and your admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by soliniak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 am

Hi, I'm using newest version 3.0.2.0.
Let me explain it this way.
When I wanted to change in Theme Editor anything, nothing happened.
Then I put comment into source file of e.q. footer of theme's footer.twig, just to check if I'm working on correct file.
As we already know, this change hasn't appeared in Theme Editor's footer.twig.
After that I've changed source file in default footer.twig - this one appeared in Theme Editor.
Long story short:
What's wrong is that system reads files from upload\catalog\view\theme\THEME_FOLDER\template\common...
but Theme Editor loads from upload\catalog\view\theme\default\template\common...

What to doooo? :-[

Of course I've cleared cache etc.

And one more thing.
In header.twig in code I can find "{{ logo }}" and as it should it displays logo, but when I copy the same sentence to footer.twig nothing happens... why?
They are in the same directory and display on the same page....

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:13 am

Cache issues. Ensure your system/storage folder is located outside of your public_html folder. Then, make the adjustements on your DIR_STORAGE from each of your config.php and admin/config.php files. Then, to remove the entire line from your .htaccess where it says: ^system/storage .

After clearing your OC cache again, see if this rectifies the issue.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by soliniak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:00 am

I've already done things you said, but just to be sure I did what you said - after all nothing has changed. :-\

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Since this issue cannot be reproduced with the default theme entirely when using the Theme Editor, contact the extension developer from where you originally downloaded this theme in order to resolve this issue. Not an OC bug.

Regards,
Straightlight

Guru Member

Location - Canada, ON