Post by ywc6xrlnf58asnha » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 am

For OC 3.0.2.0, after having around 40+ products, all admin search areas fail to work properly. For example, I have noticed that the Filters on the Products page (Admin > Catalog > Products) is very buggy. If I click in the Product Name filter box, a drop down appears with 5 products sorted alphabetically. If I click on one and click Filter button, that product is filtered as expected. However, if I type in the exact product name of any product (including one of the 5 in the drop down), nothing is returned in the search with the message "No results!". In large databases, can't imagine the nightmare someone would have to manually page through the products list to find one of 1000 products.

I've also noticed weird search behaviour when trying to add products to the featured items extension and when trying to link products in Related Products section of product edit. More often than not, a product is not found in either of these lists when searching for the exact product name.

The search failures for things like Related Products, makes OC pretty much unusable for me. Would be great to have a working basic search for all admin features.

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Marketplace extensions are the key of success in those cases: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... _license=0

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ywc6xrlnf58asnha » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 am

Searching in the marketplace for "autocomplete" add on as you suggested in your link, returns results of two free options when looking for OC v3.0.2.0 (link). Unfortunately, neither option addresses this issue. Regardless, it is my opinion that the fact that the out of the box admin searches don't work, is a bug. I am hoping that with this post, I have reported it in the proper location.

Post by Burt65 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 pm

ywc6xrlnf58asnha wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 am
Searching in the marketplace for "autocomplete" add on as you suggested in your link, returns results of two free options when looking for OC v3.0.2.0 (link). Unfortunately, neither option addresses this issue. Regardless, it is my opinion that the fact that the out of the box admin searches don't work, is a bug. I am hoping that with this post, I have reported it in the proper location.
Standard OC product search feature is not OC strong point... That's why there are so many extension available on the Market for either front and back end...

Try to have a look HERE for better product search and filter for the Admin side

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz