Post by DIHI » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 am

Is this yet another version of Open Cart that has been released full of bugs? Just had my site upgraded by a professional and there is issue after issue after issue, it seems this version like 2.0.0.0 is not ready for a live environment, am I right in thinking that? Is it time to just move on to more professional software?

Post by yodapt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 am

Yes 3.x is still full of bugs, unresolved without a justified cause, although many of them have been fixed on github and others solved by developers. You would be better off with a more stable release like 2.2.x, but the truth is releases will keep coming out with known bugs, as if there was an obligation to release something new rather than common sense about a product that should be working smoothly.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by straightlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:23 am

Since the past month, several bug fixes have been published in this section of the forum. OC v3.0.2.0 is getting stable as per the description already seem to announce from the downloads. Going back to earlier versions will not necessarily resolve issues that may have already been resolved in the v3.x releases. In other words, rather install the most recent patches and make a backup of the entire store with database than having to upgrade to a recent version which may not accurately be as flexible as intended and, that, when extensions are especially being used along the process.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DIHI » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:59 am

yodapt wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 am
Yes 3.x is still full of bugs, unresolved without a justified cause, although many of them have been fixed on github and others solved by developers. You would be better off with a more stable release like 2.2.x, but the truth is releases will keep coming out with known bugs, as if there was an obligation to release something new rather than common sense about a product that should be working smoothly.
Thanks for the reply yodapt I appreciate, Straightlight here has been helped with the transfer from an older version to this new one, I was hoping everything would just be working and Opencart would not have conned me as they did with version 2.0.0.0 into using software that was not even ready fro Beta release let alone real world, I am told I should expect things not working and applying bug fixes and patches is acceptable, I do not thing it is personally.

Gutted to say the least, wish I had never come across this software :(

Post by DIHI » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 am

Just want to add no reflection on Straightlight he did what was agreed I just did not expect the bugs that are in the software.

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 am

Is it time to just move on to more professional software?

If one is willing to pay a decent price, comparably with Magento,
no question about it, but beeing Part of a worldwide operating Developer
and Tester Team means, to find out about Problems and Misses, in order
to eventually end up with perfect free Software.

That's the Idea behind it, and that's, what it's all about. Not more, and not less,
and everbody, eager get some infos on the present Stage, is also free to visit
the User Forum, to find out, how far OC already came, on it's way to perfection.

OC cannot be tested by a few Dev's only, not even Microsoft, employing thousands,
is capable and able to have found all Bugs, every Release has its own Problems again.
One should be aware of this, before complaining, to have gotten an unfinished Software
for free!

As I can see, the only bad thing is the OC - Front Page, because it looks like
offering a perfect Solution already. But this is not the Case yet, as all those at least
should know, by beeing around OC for a While already.

Just to add my 2 Cents, I couldn't resist, since I already use the best Version yet ... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Fenris1967 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 am
As I can see, the only bad thing is the OC - Front Page, because it looks like
offering a perfect Solution already. But this is not the Case yet, as all those at least
should know, by beeing around OC for a While already.
Thats a real problem because even some basic stuff is still not working and on the other side
there are extensions and themes sold for a OC 3.0 .

One of my customers buyed quiet alot of extensions and also a theme for Opencart 3.02 (around 700 US for everthing)
and asked me to install it - he was shocked when i explained to him the very early state of the software.
We are stuck with his project because even simple things in the admin area dont work and he is now
wondering if he should call it a day and look at another shopping cart. Needless to say that he is not very
happy about the lost money for worthless addons.

Post by yodapt » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 am

That money wasnt necessarly lost, the bugfixes are out there, most of them, and those that are missing can still be fixed, it's just that there is no official meaningfull bugfixes or announcements regarding this situation.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by DIHI » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:24 am

Thanks for all the replies here guys :) It is annoying, thank goodness for the wonderful people on this forum, I decided to stick with it in the end, getting somewhere but still have to figure out why Paypal is not working, my Nochex is not working, still not sending email and there is a CSS issue behind SSL, what has complicated things even more for me is a move of server and also cart going from a directory to root all at the same time.

I love Open Cart I really do I just wish, well, I just wish it would work lol without the headaches, they did the same when version 2 was released, Ihad hoped lessons had been learnt but clearly not, I am nearly at the end now, it is working kind of just a few things to solve and we will hopefully be back in business on a shiny new server.