Post by mapleman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 am

When I add an item and go to checkout, the shipping price is correct (weight-based).
BUT, if I try to add an item so there will be another shipping cost, there is not!
I can add several items so it will be several kilos more, but it still remains on the first shipping cost!
Likewise, I have different testaccounts with different addresses (Sweden, Norway, etc.), but if I log in to the Norwegian account with a different shipping address and make a new order for different products the shipping address is still filled in (with the Swedish address) when I arrive at checkout!
And if I try to go to the next step anyway, I says that I have to fill in shipping address (though there is an address but it is the wrong address .....)
I have tried to clear history etc several times, but it does not help!
However, if I try another browser (google chrome tex), everything works without blame !!!
Anyone else has a problem with this?
EXTREMELY annoying !!!
(I run OC 3.0.2.0 and it´s Explorer 11 that I use when I get the eror!)

Post by mapleman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Nothing....
I have tried on 3 different computers (all with IE 11) and it's the same "error" on all three!

Post by Elevate » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:37 am

I'm curious why you haven't upgraded to Edge? IE 11 was released 5 years ago and that's the end of IE (thank goodness, IMO).

Elevate
Custom Website Developers
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by mapleman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:55 am

Elevate wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:37 am
I'm curious why you haven't upgraded to Edge? IE 11 was released 5 years ago and that's the end of IE (thank goodness, IMO).
Thats because aprox 32% of the visitors on the Companys website is using IE (whereof 20% using IE 11).
Thereof the importance the shop is working as it should even with that hideous browser....

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Do you get the same results on the OpenCart demo? https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/demo

Are you running any extension or custom theme? If so try installing and clean copy on OpenCart in a test directory and try this to eliminate the problem being caused by modifications. If this is also causing problems you could try installing on some other hosting or even a local server and see if you get the same results.

ADD Creative - Web development and e-commerce development, Milton Keynes or Christchurch, UK
ADD Filtration - HVAC Panel Filters, Bag Filters and HEPA Filters

Post by mapleman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 am

The demoversion does only have flat rate shipping, so I get no help from there since it´s the weight based shipping that is the problem unfortionatly.
I have disabled the extensions that I have installed (Swedish, GDPR strip, GDPR checkbox, Captcha) but still the same problem, and I´m running the default theme.
This is driving me f**king crazy!!!

Post by Parmodya » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Please provide your site address.
Are you having same issue on
https://demo.opencart.com/index.php?route=common/home

Opencart performance optimizations
homepage https://rvnb.in
Product page https://rvnb.in/tsf-police-shoes-black-colour/

Post by Parmodya » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 pm

It was written by mistake and I have found no way to delete it. If any moderator is reading it, please delete it.
Last edited by Parmodya on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Opencart performance optimizations
homepage https://rvnb.in
Product page https://rvnb.in/tsf-police-shoes-black-colour/

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 am

The shipping method should not affect the address problem below.
Likewise, I have different test accounts with different addresses (Sweden, Norway, etc.), but if I log in to the Norwegian account with a different shipping address and make a new order for different products the shipping address is still filled in (with the Swedish address) when I arrive at checkout!
And if I try to go to the next step anyway, I says that I have to fill in shipping address (though there is an address but it is the wrong address .....)
Do you still get the above address problem, if you use the Flat Rate shipping module and disable the Weight Based module on your site?

If so that would point to some sort of session or caching problem. You could maybe try each web browser's network inspect tool (usually F12). Compare a working browser against IE 11. You'll have to ignore all the images and assets and just look for index.php which should all be a 200 response code. Also look in the console for any errors or warnings.

ADD Creative - Web development and e-commerce development, Milton Keynes or Christchurch, UK

Post by mapleman » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:09 am

Parmodya wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 pm
Please provide your site address.
Are you having same issue on
https://demo.opencart.com/index.php?route=common/home
The demo is using flat rate shipping so there is no problem with that.
The address to my shop is mapleman.se/webshop
I have tried a friends OC today, and he uses weight based shipping and that works even with IE11, BUT he´s running 2.0.3.1 and I´m running 3.0.2.0, so I´m starting to suspect that there is that version that´s the problem.....
Does anyone else here run OC 3.0.2.0 and have weight based shipping so I can try that one and see if there is the same problem, or if it´s just in my shop?

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

I just tested locally with a clean install on Opencart 3 and you are correct that it's only OpenCart 3 with IE 11 that shows the issue. The problem is nothing to do with the shipping modules (which is why you were asked to check the demo site). The cause seems to be that version 3 does not call session_start which usually set the Cache-Control header for the PHP response. IE seems to aggressively cache responses more than the other browsers and not retrieve new content.

As an experimental fix you could try making the following change.
In system/framework.php find the following line at around line 74.

Code: Select all

$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
After that line add the following.

$response->addHeader('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
$response->addHeader('Pragma: no-cache');
You will might have to clear your browser cache as well.

Post by mapleman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am
I just tested locally with a clean install on Opencart 3 and you are correct that it's only OpenCart 3 with IE 11 that shows the issue. The problem is nothing to do with the shipping modules (which is why you were asked to check the demo site). The cause seems to be that version 3 does not call session_start which usually set the Cache-Control header for the PHP response. IE seems to aggressively cache responses more than the other browsers and not retrieve new content.

As an experimental fix you could try making the following change.
In system/framework.php find the following line at around line 74.

$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
After that line add the following.

$response->addHeader('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
$response->addHeader('Pragma: no-cache');
You will might have to clear your browser cache as well.
OH MY GOD!!!!
IT WORKED!!!!
You are a GENIUS! :D
You can´t imagine what a relief this is to me!!
I am SO thankful for your help!